Thread: Need Help ; ;

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Need Help ; ;

Well i fixed most the leaks on my Trans Am, but there is still more >.<
    At the moment I don't know where the leaks are coming from, I did the rear main on the block, both valve cover gaskets, and the rear main on the transmissions( no more transmission leaks). The car is not leaking as much but is still leaking which is my concern, the leaks look like they are either coming somewhere up top or near the rear main, the old gaskets were polished off 100%. The car has bout 120,xxx on it.

The other problem I have faced was my cooling line broke, and when this had happen my power steering fluid and antifreeze got mixed all over the place, power steering fluid got into the cooling system, and antifreeze got into the power steering system. One of the people at big o who flushed my cooling system said He was not going to even touch my power steering due to liability saying that since antifreeze got into the power steering system it is going to wear down and break and the whole power steering system has to be replaced, pump rack/pinion lines, everything. Is he bullshitting me, is this really true that i'll have to replace whole power steering system?

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

reach back and see if there's oil around the base of the oil pressure sending unit. my friends sprung a leak and it took a while to figure out where it was coming from.

not sure if the coolant will damage the power steering system, just hoping mine doesn't start leaking haha

Thread Information