Thread: My First F-body

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

My First F-body

Hey what up fellas... I'm needing some help and ideas for my 94 Z28... I'm currently in japan and just picked up the car a couple of days ago... What i'm needing help with is with what i should start out with as far as best bang for my buck the car is an A/T and its completely stock... with about 40,000 miles on it... i would like to go Manual but shipping would be crazy on a tranny and all parts required for the convertion... i would also like to know what are some good sites as far as parts and is there somewhere i could order misc hardware and little things that tend to break since i'm so far from home...My goals for right now is do every single bolt on item available including a supercharger until i get back to the states then i'll go stroker and forged bottom... Thanks for the help

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Holy shit dude....I would start with the basics...like...what are you fucking building? A 1/4 mile car...a road racer...a dependable daily driver that runs with the ricers from a punch?what?
    I mean I have a few mods but I had a specific car in mind at the end of em
    RWHP 512
    RWTQ 533
    GM LQ9 Iron Block
    Forged Balanced Lunati Crank Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    Mahle Forged Pistons/Rings FAST Fuel Rails
    Lunati Forged Rods 48lb Injectors
    ARP Rod Bolts
    SLP Underdrive Pulley
    LS6 Lingenfelter Ported High Flow Oil Pump
    Clay Smith Cam 238/242, .602/.610 lift on a 114 LSA
    Patriot 243 Heads 64cc Chambers flow @ 340 cfm @.640 lift
    Patriot Gold dual valve springs .650 lift
    Titanium Retainers
    ARP Head Bolts
    Nick Williams 90mm Throttle Body
    MafLess SD Tune
    FAST 90mm Intake
    Perma-Cool Remote Dual Oil Filters
    Perma-Cool Oil Cooler
    Royal Purple Racing 41 Motor Oil w/ dual AC/Delco filters
    Driveline Components
    3 ½” Extreme Performance Aluminum Driveshaft
    Harrop Rear Differential
    SLP Poly Bushings
    Koni Adjustable Shocks
    Pedder Drag Springs
    Exhaust
    Stainless Works Long Tube Headers 3”
    RT Cats
    DynoMax 3” Tubes
    Borla Exhaust

Transmission
    4L65E Stage V High Performance
    Built By Finish Line Transmissions
    Wood Dale, Illinois

• FLT performance pump
    • Cryogenically treated FLT sleeved input drum
    • Cryogenically treated input sprag races
    • Cryogenically treated low roller race
    • Cryogenically treated bearing style reaction shaft
    • Cryogenically treated output shaft
    • GM 5 pinion planets front and rear
    • Wide 2-4 band
    • 8 B/W high-energy clutches in 3-4 pack
    • FLT beast shell w/bearing
    • B/W 29 element sprag
    • 4L65 low roller clutch
    • Transgo HD-2 shift kit
    • Corvette Servo
    • Bushing kit
    • All solenoids
    • Internal wire harness
    • Spacer plate
    • B/W clutches
    • Seal & gasket kit
    • Filter
    • Updated accumulator pistons
    • Set end play to performance specs
    • Deep GM pan (n/a C-5 corvette model)
    • Sonnax super hold 4th gear servo
    • B&M Transmission Cooler
    • B&M Transmission spin on filter
    Last edited by Sarge; 08-22-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

i want a 1/4 mile monster but i really can't afford to put too high of gears here since a lot of these imports like running to about 150 160.... on an island that limited in space hehehehehehe... but i would like a GM manual for my car that has part numbers and all that good shit to help me out since i'm going to be ordering shit loads from the states because anything that i may break or lose will be a headache since i have to wait for shit to come in.... right now i want to slap on every bolt on as possible from suspension on up i want my car to handle all around but mostly for drag... i'm tired of everyone building these import claiming that they are fast and quoting estimated horsepower and track times when they haven't even stepped on a real track against the tree or track conditions....

Dark Green
    95 AZ Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by OldDirty94 View Post
    i want a 1/4 mile monster but i really can't afford to put too high of gears here since a lot of these imports like running to about 150 160.... on an island that limited in space hehehehehehe... but i would like a GM manual for my car that has part numbers and all that good shit to help me out since i'm going to be ordering shit loads from the states because anything that i may break or lose will be a headache since i have to wait for shit to come in.... right now i want to slap on every bolt on as possible from suspension on up i want my car to handle all around but mostly for drag... i'm tired of everyone building these import claiming that they are fast and quoting estimated horsepower and track times when they haven't even stepped on a real track against the tree or track conditions....
    So you have a 94 LT1 in Japan. How did you get it here? Are you on a base?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Do you have access to a dyno tuner or are you tuning with a handheld? This will have an impact onmy recommendations.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

well i'm actually stationed at okinawa Japan Kadena i got the car from Mainland it had been in a previous accident where one of the air bags deployed but nothing too serious like frame damage ect. i paid 6 grand for the car just because i wanted to be different i've work on both domestics and imports i had just sold my mustang when i left the States but i am seriously wanting a strip and street car and the reason for street is because im here and thats the only action i'll be getting.. They have a so called 1/8 mile track but at the end of it its nothing but a mountain waiting for you so you better have some good brakes but i personaly don't race there... They have a few dynos here $50 2 pulls but as far as dyno tunning it doesn't exits here like in the states its all street tunning i'm wanting to go SDS stand alone for it simply because one of my buddies has been using the system for years now and thats the route i'm going to choose for tunning purposes... Let me know what you guys think on my situation and thanks again for the replys...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

OK....I would focus on air in and out for the biggest bang for your buck.
    Heads/Cam/TB/Intake/Headers..followed up with a mail order tune from www.nelsonperformance.com ....I run a Speed Density tune on the Goat....however I wouldn't recommend it for your application....if your running forced induction and exceeding your MAF freq's then yes...but your not...so stick with the stock MAF.....The final touch would be a 3200-3500 stall with a trannie cooler....you'd have yourself a lil beast....
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

As far as cams should i go split duration?? what lift and so forth?? well i am planning on supercharging while still on island but its just not one of my priorities right now... I notice you put a 3200 stall i would have to have a pretty massive cam for that wouldn't i?? and i would also like some gears i had 410's on my mustang but i don't know now since it is an Automatic along with the stall on it... also what are some tips as far as the rear end is concerned i know they are pretty weak.... because i am going to be running some ET streets... And as far as the intake manifold goes i would like aftermarket but i've been reading that the one thats on there now is pretty good everybody was saying a little port and polish should do the trick as far as that goes is this true??... Thanks a lot Sarge

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup...many will tell you 400RWHP and 450 RWTQ is very doable with port and polish of the stock heads/intake..... One of our sponsors EPP...they are butt ugly but dayum them boys know there stuff....so we like em here....
    http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...ml?category=27
    Let me get them involved in this discussion.....now as far as the 3200 stall...hell no....very streetable if tuned properly...and huge difference in performance....as far as the rear end....well....break it first....then we can talk...auto with a stall isnt going to shock it like a M6 would...so your gonna be ok under 450 RWHP.....

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Yeah i'm not much for what it looks like but if it produces horsepower then i'm all for it... So you think just porting and polishing my heads will be good enough or should i be looking aftermarket i want to get as much power as possible from these bolt-ons and since i'm N/A i'm going to needed against all these boosted ass cars... until i get my supercharger that is.... i would like 450 with bolt-ons but i think that would be pushing it don't you??
    Also do you know who ships for free because damn shipping is going to be expensive... but no worries its all worth it... As far as suspension goes i didn't see you go much into that..

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah i'm not much for what it looks like but if it produces horsepower then i'm all for it... So you think just porting and polishing my heads will be good enough or should i be looking aftermarket i want to get as much power as possible from these bolt-ons and since i'm N/A i'm going to needed against all these boosted ass cars... until i get my supercharger that is.... i would like 450 with bolt-ons but i think that would be pushing it don't you??
    Also do you know who ships for free because damn shipping is going to be expensive... but no worries its all worth it... As far as suspension goes i didn't see you go much into that..
    Well GM had a good article on an LT1 build using the stock heads/intake...they just ported and polished and made like 450RWTQ....now that's some serious go there...Google GM High Performance LT1....it's out there somewhere Chassis...not my cup of tea...I have a guy that built mine in the GTO...Lets standby...I bet the LT1/Fbody crowd or EPP will show up pretty quick.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Thanks for the help... i want to learn as much as possible and i think i'm in the perfect position to do so... i'm expecting great things from this car i hope its all i'm hoping for... they need to see something real nasty out here and im the one to show them... wait until i get boosted Holy crap!!!

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

Dude If Iwas You Id Order Gm's Lt4 Heads And Intake Manifold.long Tubes And Exhaust.clutch And A Camshaft,cold Air And T/b,mass Air And A Tuner.and Then Some Big Nitrous And Suspension.................i Guarantee You Will Be Smoking Alot Of Jap Crap And Gettin Some Good----mushu----!!!!!

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by unnatural aspirations View Post
    Dude If Iwas You Id Order Gm's Lt4 Heads And Intake Manifold.long Tubes And Exhaust.clutch And A Camshaft,cold Air And T/b,mass Air And A Tuner.and Then Some Big Nitrous And Suspension.................i Guarantee You Will Be Smoking Alot Of Jap Crap And Gettin Some Good----mushu----!!!!!
    as far as cold air all i've seen out on the market is the K&N shit i want something a little bigger that replaces all that plastic shit... Will LS1 heads bolt up along with that LS6 manifold or will i have to go with LT4 package?? well as far as mushu i'm getting plenty of that and trust me it aint all that great hahahahaha i need to come back to the good old USA but i definetly want to be smoking all the rice thats out here because the last thing i want is them saying they whooped up on a V8 there's a few of us here with them and most of them are stock ass old corvettes but i'm different i want my baby off the ground hahahahahaha

Thread Information