pewter
    99 Trans Am

Question My Dash is Trash.

Need help with locating a dash cover or someway to repair the plastic dash section of my dash. It has cracked in all directions. Really need a cover don't think there is any hope for repair.Do anyone make a cover for our cars.If so who? thanks for any help .

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

I would replace it but heres your cover,
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DG%26um%3D1

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

prowl the For sale section, and see if you can find a good salvage/part out one....

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    I thought about that, but the dash looks pretty hard to replace and what's to say it want crack again.any time I put anything on the dash to clean it the glare was so bad I could hardly see.plus the car sets outside and the weather here is preyy hot, we are in our 7th day of 100 + heat.I belive I will just get the cover.thanks for the infro.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    prowl the For sale section, and see if you can find a good salvage/part out one....
    Getting one is not the trouble, I don't know if I have the skill to do this myself and how hard is it to do? looks pretty hard to me, and what's to say it want do it again?

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Its not hard, but like you said, heat will kill the next one, however, if you do both, you wont have to worry at all.....

pewter
    99 Trans Am

I pulled up the webb sight and it seems kind of strange. The name is covergirl upholstery,do anyone have any dealings with this company.I would like to know if this is a good site or just someone trying to get over.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by Street Fighter View Post
    Getting one is not the trouble, I don't know if I have the skill to do this myself and how hard is it to do? looks pretty hard to me, and what's to say it want do it again?
    I just replaced mine 2 weeks ago, It is so painfully easy.

Remove the 2 screws on the A pillar on each side, pop off the plastic pillars, now you are able to lift from the sides of the dash and pop it up. If your dash was trashed like mine it won't matter. It all came apart in pieces. Make sure you get everything so you have no rattles. Check the spots were the clips go into, they may have some broke clips in there still. Place in new dash and press fiirmly on the front. Put A pillar back to gether and your done. Only takes 10-15 mins. Took me 20 because I went inside to get a drink...

Good luck finding one. It took me 4 months of searching.

2011 Prius

The dealer replaced mind, and took them about 10-15 mins. When I was hard wiring my Radar detector (Running wire down to pillars and into dash), I was surprise by how easy it was. I am not a very technical person... I just kinda look stuff over, think about the best way to do it. Then I trail and error and learn.

PS: The dash cover, they said was like $220? This was from the Chevy dealer though, I only paid $100.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    The dealer replaced mind, and took them about 10-15 mins. When I was hard wiring my Radar detector (Running wire down to pillars and into dash), I was surprise by how easy it was. I am not a very technical person... I just kinda look stuff over, think about the best way to do it. Then I trail and error and learn.

PS: The dash cover, they said was like $220? This was from the Chevy dealer though, I only paid $100.
    They have gone up alot : was qouted $298.00 for my T/A, got mine used for $120

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Try Trans Am Creations: http://www.tacreationsusa.com/interior_main.htm

Looks like you may have to call to check availability. I have placed two orders with them since acquiring our car last August.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Can anyone tell me what causes the dash to crack like mines did? Is it the heat or just badly made. I need to know because I would like to put in a new one but to have this happen again want be too cool.What do you guys use on your dashes, and is it from not using a good dressing on the dash that makes them crack?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I never use anything on my dash.....I think that crap acrually causes them to dry out & crack. (besides the reflection on the windshield sucks)
    I live in Florida, owned my car since new. Car's lived outside since I bought it.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

I Didn"T see anyway to get in touch with the seller,maybe I am missing something but there is no address, phone # and the email address only shows remarks from people that have purchased them.

Silver
    98 Trans Am

not sure where to get a cheap one but i have replaced 2 of them before and they were super easy. you will have to take the t tops off if i remember corectly. And remember to hook your little red security light back up. And like he said make sure you get all the broken peices out before you install the new pad. get a sunshade to protect it when its parked for long period of times and crack your windows. I HATE letting mine set in the blistering sun all day.

Thread Information