Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

MSD 2-Step Information

Ok so i did some searching online on how to install an MSD two step using the clutch switch. I really didnt find clear information on exacly what wire so i just decided to try something. First off I found out that the clutch switch works in a manner that it always has positive coming in and also going out, which means its a Normally closed switch. When you press the clutch positive is lost on the wire leaving the switch. The MSD two step has two wires that will activate the 2 step. One is by applying a ground and the other is by applying positive. I tried to call MSD to see if I could have a positive on all the time on the ground activating wire without harming the 2 step. They were having phone issues so I wasnt able to get tech help. I did it anyhow. I installed the ground activating wire to the clutch switch that carries positive while the clutch is released. The wire color looks like a brown/white tracer...kinda hard to tell without good lighting but anyway its the top most wire on the clutch switch. I guess it could be purple with a white tracer. Anyhow i found it by using my light tester on it. When you press the clutch that wire looses positive and becomes grounded thus, activating the 2 step. I should have taken pictures but i didnt. I guess I could if anyone is interested or was thinking of getting this 2 step installed. I like is quite a bit, and it works just like they say, the RPM have to drop 1k below the set limit before being active again so when you leave the line and you shift and pull the throttle early it wont cut spark on you, this is good for go go juice users.

white
    2001 SS camaro

thanks for posting do you have any pics at all for the install and where did you put the box at. In the glove box under dash engine comp? Im looking at getting one but i was told that i needed other parts for the set up is this true?

Thread Information