black
    2000 Camaro SS

Angry Motor turns over pops though headers.

We installed a new cam and lifters after the last one wiped 4 journals off.
    Found the last person had set the spring pressure wrong .
    Anyway re-did the heads,springs,cam,lifters,timing chain,oil pump and full gasket set.The motor started up the first time broke in the cam. only clitch was the right bank was leaking water . Retorqued heads and that stopped .
    For the next week we ran the car with no problem.
    Yesterday went to start the car and the battery was dead, when the car was running the gauge showed 13.6 volts ?
    We charged the batery fully and tried to start the car,the motor turned
    over and was popping though the headers. Old school sounded like the timing was way out or 180 off.
    So to sum up, nothing changed except a dead battery from the time it was running and now .
    Cam sensor ?
    Crank trigger ?
    Can they just go bad out of nowhare ?
    We had no indications.

Now we arent getting any spark
    Last edited by Black Nightmare; 10-10-2010 at 08:57 AM.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

Did you ever get this figured out? I have a Y2K Z with way too much to list. It ran fine 2 weeks ago. I went to fire it yesterday and it was dead. I charged the battery but when I fired it it coughed and back-fired and wound not stay running. While it ran for a short time I could hardly even get it to rev-up. I dont have a code reader and have never used one. I have looked at several other posts but there seems to be sooo many different solutions to what sound like similar, yet very different problems. Where do I start.

black
    2000 Camaro SS

Talking Will not start

We checked all senors and fuses . Still nothing , rechecked the fuses found the fuse for the right bank fuel injectors was blown but you had to look really close.Pulled the fuse from the AC to test , Bam fired right off .usally it something simple if the car had been rinning with no issues.

black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by parnelligq View Post
    Did you ever get this figured out? I have a Y2K Z with way too much to list. It ran fine 2 weeks ago. I went to fire it yesterday and it was dead. I charged the battery but when I fired it it coughed and back-fired and wound not stay running. While it ran for a short time I could hardly even get it to rev-up. I dont have a code reader and have never used one. I have looked at several other posts but there seems to be sooo many different solutions to what sound like similar, yet very different problems. Where do I start.
    parnelligq,
    We use a Preditor to tune and check codes ,with these computer controlled cars it's almost a necessity to figure out problems. Old shcool thoughts I would check fuel pressure should be between 45 and 52 pounds you can get the gauge thats screws into the fuel rail. Check the fuses CLOSELY . Pull the plugs see if they are fouled. Check your battery connections and voltage at the battery it needs at least 12 volts at the battery . Last thing I can think of pull all plugs and leave plugged into coil pack, one at a time turn motor over, ground end of plug and see if you have a spark.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Ground wires on the back of drivers side head ? Maybe reseat the ecm plugs...

Thread Information