Thread: More

pewter
    2002 camaro

More

Guys its me, again, ive been having this problem since i bought the car but didnt pay much attention to it, but its getting very aggravating now, for whatever reason my car will start like nothing and sometimes i have to wait like 2-5mins and then itll start like if nothing was wrong, but yesterday i had to wait like 10min before it "wanted" to start. Any help please.

Red
    2000 SS Camaro

More info

Need a little more info, but if I had to quess crank sensor first guess, or fuel pump relay, need more info.

pewter
    2002 camaro

it seems as if there was no signal going to the starter, ill put the ignition to on and u car hear the fuel pump when i go to start it all u hear is a real small from like behind the speedometer and every time i pull the ignition forward u can hear it, but it wont crank the starter, just like if the battery was dead, but sometimes it will just start right up. where is the crank sensor?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

have you checked the battery terminals and wires for corrosion? I would start here first. Check everything for corrosion and the connection at the starter also.

pewter
    2002 camaro

the battery is brand new just installed it yesterday, all the connections are corrosion-free, i havent checked on the starter though, ill have to check that tomorrow. thanks for the help.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

peel the sheathing back about a half inch on the ends too. Sometimes a wire will corrode under the sheathing. If I do that I'll just slice the sheath back a little to check it and then tape it back up.
    I would then start looking at relays, fuses, and switches. Is it a standard? Check the clutch switch. Does your security light stay on at all? Might be a vats issue although the way you're describing it I'm think that's probably not what it is.

Red
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bertt23 View Post
    it seems as if there was no signal going to the starter, ill put the ignition to on and u car hear the fuel pump when i go to start it all u hear is a real small from like behind the speedometer and every time i pull the ignition forward u can hear it, but it wont crank the starter, just like if the battery was dead, but sometimes it will just start right up. where is the crank sensor?

It wont be the crank sensor, didnt know that it actually wasnt turning over, like Orion said might be vats, or a relay check all your grounds on the back of the head also.

hugger orange

hey Orion, don't know if its the same thing or not, but if you remember, I think someone else had this sort of problem and you had them looking at the resistance for the key?

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

What tranny you got a m6 or a4? I know my m6 wouldn't start when the pedal was all the way to the floor had to back it out just a little and would start just fine. Bad sensor

pewter
    2002 camaro

its an a4, the wire going to the battery is full of white "powder", i think i might change the wire and go from there, and i dont think its the vats because ive been locking the door manually and not with the remote or switck.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

is the security light on? If it's on then it's a vats issue. Easy and cheap fix.

pewter
    2002 camaro

when it turn the igntion on it will light up with all the other lights, but it turns off

black
    2002 WS6

If it turns off you are fine with the vats.

Thread Information