White
    2002 Z28

Mobil 1 change time frames.

Super synthetic oil change intervals are recommended at 10,000 miles

And new extended Mobil 1 is 15,000.

IS this correct??

I know I would NEVER go that long but was the regular Supersynthetic fot 10,000 before the extended came out?

Also, whats the feedback on the extended performance oil filter M-206?

THANKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Read the warranty/guarantee on that extended drain.....tell me if you or anybody you ever heard of in your life fit that description for those drain intervals...here I'll go get it for all to read....
    This limited warranty covers the Mobil 1 Extended Performance lubricant and critical engine parts lubricated by the lubricant.

This limited warranty is valid for 15,000 miles or 1 year from the date [purchase or installation], whichever is earlier.

If there is equipment failure related to the Mobil brand lubricant you purchased, ExxonMobil will repair any equipment damage directly caused by a defect or malfunction of a Mobil lubricant, provided that the lubricant was selected and maintained in accordance with specifications of the original equipment manufacturer or the written instructions (which includes product packaging) of ExxonMobil.
    To file a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must:

Upon discovery of the damage (but not later than six (6) months from the date the damage occurred) call 1-800-AskMobil.

Allow an ExxonMobil representative to examine the equipment and maintenance records, if available, and provide proof of purchase to determine the extent of the damage and to confirm that a Mobil lubricant was the cause.

Allow an ExxonMobil representative to obtain an oil sample from the engine for oil analysis at no cost to you to assist in determining the cause of the equipment failure.

This Limited Warranty excludes:

Mobil lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment or accident; or, equipment modification done without written authorization from the OEM. ( so if your running a non factory air filter you have no relief from Mobil...anything that is not FACTORY equipment)

Situations where the OEM required lubricant standards do not match those stated by Mobil without written approval from ExxonMobil.

Mobil lubricants that have been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by ExxonMobil.

Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of Mobil lubricants.

The remedy provided here will be your only recovery against ExxonMobil. You will not be able to recover incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
    This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now do you know of any manufacturer that tells you to go 15,000 miles between oil changes in the owners manual....No? Me either.....then you just voided your warranty with Mobil 1...I also like the " Determined by a Mobil Rep if it was oil related failure"...that just tickles the shit out of me...in other words and to be short and sweet...in a lab condition....sure...go 15,000 mile OCI's...but you are doing it on your own and you have voided any factory warranty and you Mobil 1 has NO LIABILITY at all...they have covered their ass well They might as well just say...If your dumb enough to try and run this overpriced shit for longer than 5K good luck to you...
    As for the Monil 1 filters....they are good ...overpriced as hell...but just as good as a Purolator or AC Delco....not any better....but just as good.....flow and filtration is on par with filters a 1/4 of the cost....but hey...it sez Mobil1 on it so it must be better right
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-22-2006 at 05:14 AM.
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I am using full synthetic oil in my Z28, and dailey beater, I change the oil and filter every 8500 miles on my dailey beater, I watch the dip stick to see when the oil changes color and starts to get darker.

My Z28 is only driven 3 to 4K miles a year, so I change the oil and filter once a year.

SteveC

i think reasonable oil change intervals depend on how the vehicle is used.if driven regularly 6000 mile oci is fine.if less 3000.another thing i would look for WHEN YOU CHECK THE ENGINE OIL ONCE A WEEK does the oil look milky or white.black oil=ok.....milky or white look=NFG!LS1 engines tend to use some oil so between oil changes if you are adding 1-2 qts THIS will help to EXTEND the OCI.i change every 5-6k and check the oil once a week.i use pennzoil platinum 5-30 as it is THE best OIL ever made and will make you a chick magnet!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Guys the color of your oil is no indication of how much TBN is left. Dont go by the color of your oil...that doesnt tell you diddly squat.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by YoMommasTA
    i think reasonable oil change intervals depend on how the vehicle is used.if driven regularly 6000 mile oci is fine.if less 3000.another thing i would look for WHEN YOU CHECK THE ENGINE OIL ONCE A WEEK does the oil look milky or white.black oil=ok.....milky or white look=NFG!LS1 engines tend to use some oil so between oil changes if you are adding 1-2 qts THIS will help to EXTEND the OCI.i change every 5-6k and check the oil once a week.i use pennzoil platinum 5-30 as it is THE best OIL ever made and will make you a chick magnet!
    So THAT'S why I haven't been picking up the chicks-lol!!

Thread Information