Thread: LT1 to LS2

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

LT1 to LS2

Ok guys, first off i know what everyones gonna say, its not worth it just go buy an ls1 car and be done with it. I know this swap isnt going to be cheap or easy, thats not what im asking. What im asking is what all is involved. This is what i know so far... exhaust, k member, transmission bellhousing, wiring harness, drive belt accesory location in order to keep things such as power steering... a/c all that good shit. So what else am i going to need to do to compleatly do the transplant. Moneys not an issue. I have a few specific questions about the electronics... Will the LS2 controller from gm be compatible with all my factory electronics or will i have to have some sort of piggyback set up for the ecu?

My second group of questions is about the LS2 crate motor from GM itself... can anyone tell me if the engine is boost capable and if so by how much before i have to start worrying about hurting things? Is it possible to get rid of the typical drive by wire thottle body in place of a mechanical linkage?

Any help is greatly apprieciate it... and again, please no save your money and buy an ls1 car. I have to much time and energy wraped up in my LT1 car to just sell it and start over.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Go big or go home...for almost the same amount of money you should get a 402 stroker...just a thought.

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

true... well maybe i should rephrase... what do i need to do to switch to an ls series motor? also i should add my car is a 97 so its obd2

Thread Information