Thread: Lt1

flat black
    70 Nova

Angry Lt1

My 94 Camaro has fuel, spark, and timing is set besides, compression why won't it start. It turns over and sputters after key is off. HELP ME!

Red
    1996 Trans Am

You are going to have to give a little more info than you describe. Like what led up to it not running. Were you modding it or did you just walk out to your car and it would not start. You say it has fuel, how much fuel pressure did you have?

flat black
    70 Nova

Lt1

I was driving down the highway, I was doing abt 55-60 the car shut down on me I had to call the wrecker and car has not started since. I have spark and I check Tdc on number one with the harnonic balancer, I have fuel to the fuel rail, but I do not know how much pressure. How much pressure should it have? Should I replace the fuel pump before I replace the distributor, which one is most likely to be the problem.

Red
    1996 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I was driving down the highway, I was doing abt 55-60 the car shut down on me I had to call the wrecker and car has not started since. I have spark and I check Tdc on number one with the harnonic balancer, I have fuel to the fuel rail, but I do not know how much pressure. How much pressure should it have? Should I replace the fuel pump before I replace the distributor, which one is most likely to be the problem.
    You need to check the pressure first. I can't remember off the top of my head but I believe you will need 36 psi to start it. You could buy a gauge from the auto store.

Thread Information