white
    2001 Trams Am

LS1 Motorsports/Rob Raymer

I'm looking to get a new autotap and have been out of the hobby for a few years. I used to get parts and I got an autotap for GM OBDII cars from LS1 Motorsports a few years ago. Now I want to get one that does all OBDII cars.

I have looked in sponsor sections on LS1 boards and done a google for LS1Motorsports. No luck. I did find a listing for LS1motorsports on an online phone directory but they aren't listed as Clarksville,IN where I remember them being. I was going to email Rob and see about a price for the Atap and if he could even get that model.

LS1ROC
    they are out of buisness.... Rob was cool !

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

from what i read Rob ripped people off...alot! Call autotap and ask if you can upgrade that and also to efilive. you'll be glad u did. that or just get a tuner like efilive flashscan or hptuners and they'll not only scan, but also allow u to flash the pcm. if you go that route, im sure you can get about 150-200 for your autotap.
    Nino

white
    2001 Trams Am

Well, sorry to hear that about Rob.

I met him personally at a local track and we tested out a few different combos of easy bolt on parts. Seemed like a good enough guy. 4 years ago that is.

I even drove to his shop in Clarksville and bought a few things back then. Then have been busy working the last few years and not kept up on happenings.

I scored a used ATAP for what I need for 100 bucks so no need now to worry with it anyway.

Still hate to hear somebody like that has had or caused any trouble.

rus
    He ripped me off through Ebay.I sent him money for an fmu and he never sent it to me. At present we have notified the local authorities as of yesterday. I will travel to prosecute case in small claims as I have to file in his hometown.Then I will do all the legal garbage that goes with this kind of incident. Not first time unfortunately. Paypal could only recover part of my loss.Glad these practices happen less than possible in real world.

Rus

98Chameleon

Exclamation

Wow, that's odd. I've never owned an FMU, much less sold you one! Think you've got the wrong guy.

As far as "ripping people off", that didn't happen. There were 3 people who VERY UNFORTUNATELY got caught up in the turmoil of me unwillingly going out of business. I have posted about it countless times more than a year ago (we closed the doors in October of 2004), and explained things in explicit detail. No point in going over it all again, but I will say that one person ended up getting their money back through their cc company, and the other two people are listed as "first to be paid" beneficiaries in my ongoing lawsuit against the computer company that lost/shut down my website illegally. Hopefully those two customers will get what they are owed as well, though I now have little faith in our Judicial system.

"Ripping people off" implies that I knowingly, or intentionally deceived others for financial gain. If that were the case, I wouldn't have lost everything I owned, i.e. my house, Viper, 9 sec Buick, turbo Formula, '04 Harley Truck, Z06, etc, etc. Some of these were sold cheaply & quickly to pay off the loans, others couldn't be sold quickly enough and embarassingly were repo'd. Even my 17 yr old daughter's Ford Focus was repo'd, which hurt most of all (because it was her 16th B-day gift).
    I then had to take Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which was given a No-Asset ruling (meaning I owned NOTHING other than the clothes on my back). Fortunately for me, my family and my fiance' stuck with me through it all, and was able to somewhat support us for the last year and a half (lot's of Ramen noodles and bologna sandwiches). I went back to school and got my Real Estate Appraisal certification last December. I just began working again 3 weeks ago.

Well, that's the update. I'm sure I'll get bashed some more now, be told how I could have handled things differently, how I deserve anything bad that happens to me, blah, blah, blah. And that's probably all true. But as they say, don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in their shoes. And I sincerely doubt that anyone here has ever had to go through what I did over the last 2 years. At least I hope they haven't.

I honestly miss this business more than anyone can imagine. And since time supposedly heals all, I hope in the future I'll be able to get back into it with the forgiveness and understanding of the performance car community.

Obviously that post was made by me. For some reason I can't log onto my old account, so I just made this one with the underscore between my first and last name.

rus

actual auction info

If anyone has doubts my claim here is the auction information.
    Log onto ebay and under search enter the following numbers. 8007345903
    It will connect you to the actual auction.
    My error was it was not an fmu, it was a safety loop for
    Supercharged Ford Lightning, Harley, F-150 Trucks .
    This was not done through any business. It was done through ebay in
    October 2005. All my and ebays requests have gone unanswered.
    email address TurboLS1@aol.com.
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Paypal gave me me back 33.00 of the 58.00 payment . I'm still awaiting the 25.00 payment that is owed from this transaction.I would have rather gotten the driveshaft safety loop I bid on and won.

Rus

Just doing an internet search for this retard. Check out:

http://mysite.verizon.net/patred48/

Silver
    1999 Camaro SS

Need help, is Rob here?

Hi rob.

I have a problem with an order i bought from you.
    Honest mistake as far as i can see but i could use your help resolving it.

Can you help?

Ron Sexton

Green

Wow I'm very sorry for your luck Rob
    Sometimes shitty things happen to good people...
    I hope you can get things turned around & get back into the LS game
    It takes BIG balls to be so candid about the bad thiings that happen!
    GOOD LUCK.............JL

Silver
    1999 Camaro SS

Help with Powerslot order

Well basically i bought some Powerslots for my 1999 camaro from Rob and the order is wrong. I just got around to finally using them and found this out. I tried to use them before but the dealer just wanted to turn my rotors at the time and not install them. It is an understandable mistake. The rear rotors are part number 8265 but i was sent 8625 which are for an astro van or something. They are probably twice the price of the ones i should have received but do me no good. When i call powerslot they say they do not deal direct and so far have not helped. They said they would check and call me back or some such but so far nothing. I told them the company i bought them from is out of business but still no help. Not sure what to do next.
    I have these powerslots which are brand new but not for my car.

Thread Information