Thread: ls1 in a fox???

sonic blue
    90 5.0 coupe

ls1 in a fox???

Hello, I enjoy visiting this site from time to time and this is my first attempt at posting. I am a huge fan of the ls1-2 motors, but alas I’m a FORD guy. I have a 90 coupe with a 331-trickflow heads, an rpm intake w/ 750 DP. It has a good fuel system and with a t-5 and 3:73’s has run 11.7’s @ 117 N/A. However I’ve been having issues with emissions and have thought of swapping in an ls1. I know it would be easier to just down size the cam and install ford injection, but the thought of an ls1 in my little fox is just too cool. Have you guys heard of anyone doing this swap? I would like to find a complete motor w/trans. The fuel system should be easy enough, but the exhaust would be a pita. I can handle the electronics with a painless harness. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Red
    '85 GT

Whatever floats your boat... Sounds like you got the plans if you wanna do it.. I don't like the idea myself, but go for it if ya want... lol Shit putta Honda k20 in it for all I care, that'll make emissions.. haha

LS1-STANG
    Quote Originally Posted by dandy
    Hello, I enjoy visiting this site from time to time and this is my first attempt at posting. I am a huge fan of the ls1-2 motors, but alas I’m a FORD guy. I have a 90 coupe with a 331-trickflow heads, an rpm intake w/ 750 DP. It has a good fuel system and with a t-5 and 3:73’s has run 11.7’s @ 117 N/A. However I’ve been having issues with emissions and have thought of swapping in an ls1. I know it would be easier to just down size the cam and install ford injection, but the thought of an ls1 in my little fox is just too cool. Have you guys heard of anyone doing this swap? I would like to find a complete motor w/trans. The fuel system should be easy enough, but the exhaust would be a pita. I can handle the electronics with a painless harness. Any thoughts are appreciated!
    I'm looking for the same info i thought someone would have come out with a complete conversion kit by now for the swap headers tube K-member mounts ect..... any info would be great

Thanks Jim

Thread Information