Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

ls1 Buick -ls6 intake

This is the build:

I have acquired a 50K LS1 from a 1999 Ws-6 car with the 4l60E for a decent price($1500.00) -the intake has been removed (all intact - everything there) and unfortunately did not come with the ECU (so I am looking for one of those if anybody knows of one)

I am planning on putting this engine in a 82 buick, but would like to upgrade the engine before i get it all in...
    I have collected most of the G-body goodies so there should be no worries there plus I have an 87 t-type that if necessary, I can rob parts from

1st upgrade that I need help with:
    I would like to put an LS6 intake on the LS1. I know this is a popular upgrade and usually pretty cheap. I need help with finding the information on how to do this... Has anyone on here gone from a 99LS1 intake to an 01+ LS6 intake? Is there any EGR issuses? what other problems are there?

any help is appreciated as I am new to the LS platform
    Thanks
    Matt

Black
    1998 formula trans am

Quote Originally Posted by AV8 View Post
    This is the build:

I have acquired a 50K LS1 from a 1999 Ws-6 car with the 4l60E for a decent price($1500.00) -the intake has been removed (all intact - everything there) and unfortunately did not come with the ECU (so I am looking for one of those if anybody knows of one)

I am planning on putting this engine in a 82 buick, but would like to upgrade the engine before i get it all in...
    I have collected most of the G-body goodies so there should be no worries there plus I have an 87 t-type that if necessary, I can rob parts from

1st upgrade that I need help with:
    I would like to put an LS6 intake on the LS1. I know this is a popular upgrade and usually pretty cheap. I need help with finding the information on how to do this... Has anyone on here gone from a 99LS1 intake to an 01+ LS6 intake? Is there any EGR issuses? what other problems are there?

any help is appreciated as I am new to the LS platform
    Thanks
    Matt

Why not just buy a carburator intake for it? Much easier I think.

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

not a bad idea.. but...

I thought of that, but I would perfer the fuel injection style type intake look for the final appearance.

I would like to be boosted in the distant future and the LS style intake looks better than a carb hat. (in my opinion anyways)

thanks though

Thread Information