Thread: ls1

many
    i curently ave 5 c3

ls1

hi,am restoring this 1970 corvette,i just purchase 2004 ls1 brand new whit no intake manifold,it very good cuz i would like to put one whit a carb,i need to know what the best combo, carb,intake, cam,in the msd kit to convert it

thanks a lot for your time pat

hugger orange

you might want to try posting in the internal or classic muscle sections for more help.
    I know Summit racing offers some nice carb/ manifold kits and the parts to let you use stock ignition systems so you can keep the coil packs, for what you are doing you might want to call up Cam Motion and get them to custom grind a cam for your specs.

sounds like a fun build!

many
    i curently ave 5 c3

thanks i got this at summit
    Edelbrock 2908 - Edelbrock Victor Jr. LS1 Carbureted Intake Manifold Packages

it look very good am gone to call that place for the cam

in the head what should i do whit theme port it or somthing

thank a lot for your help

hugger orange

it depends on how much money you want to spend, if you can afford a good set of aftermarket heads, go for them.
    if your on a budget like I am, port the hell out of your stock heads, polish them up and have them milled.
    I ported and polished mine myself, took about 5 strait hours, if you know where to take the material out (and where not to take too much out) you can do it yourself.
    in the top of the exhaust runner there is a bump, the coolant passage dips down to go under the valve seat.....if you break into that passage your head is junk

red
    2000TA

the head on 2004 ls1 engine is pretty good .install some good springs to match the cam you buy ,and get some better push rod.

many
    i curently ave 5 c3

wene i restore my corvette,i only do 68 to 72,i buy a creat engine turn key,but on thise one,i got it frome some one that need monay in i got it for 1500$ brand new,so i can spare a good 5000$ on it,

if i want to make it 500hp or more would it be possible to keep the same head,in bring them to a machine shop,or it better to buy them already set up

all get the info on my cam today

thanks a lot pat

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by patbull View Post
    wene i restore my corvette,i only do 68 to 72,i buy a creat engine turn key,but on thise one,i got it frome some one that need monay in i got it for 1500$ brand new,so i can spare a good 5000$ on it,

if i want to make it 500hp or more would it be possible to keep the same head,in bring them to a machine shop,or it better to buy them already set up

all get the info on my cam today

thanks a lot pat
    with the ls1 stock ported heads and cam its very easy to hit 400rwhp and be very streetable, but to get 500rwhp your gonna need a big cam and very good aftermarket heads and it will br more bitchy to drive on the street even with a good tune

many
    i curently ave 5 c3

400 rwhp that very good at 2800lb,i use to ave 2005 cts v whit the same number,but at 4100lb i tought i was fast till i got the vette,my first one was 72 coupe BB 454 whit 509 rwtq 473 rwhp at 3200lb that was crazy fast

am gone to keep the same head in go on whit it give me about 1 monht in all come back to let you know how much it did on the dyno

thanks a lot for your help

Thread Information