Med. Dark Purple Metallic

LS-2 & LS-6 swap info...

I'm new here, and did a quick search, and I know this must be discussed every once and a while somewhere here, but I haven't seen it.

I haven't been into yanking an engine apart for a long time ---but I've done a few swaps and like the idea of a "simple' replacement -- using factory parts if possible, including the factory computer set-up. So what I want to know is, what's involved with an LS-2 or LS-6 (if that's what they're still calling the newest ZO-6 engine...) in an LT-1 or LS-1 F-body? Does the GTO use the electronic throttle, and if so, could it be converted for installation into an F-body.... or could an f-body be converted to the throttle-by-wire? If so, why couldn't an LS-2 GTO computer simply be swapped with the engine into an f-body? They are close in weight and tire diameter...

Thanks in advance for any info you can give on this, and if I can REALLY get almost the same horsepower in an LS-1 by using simple bolt-ons that won't reduce durability (like superchargers can), please let me know that as well.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

In an LT1, there will be some required mods required like a new ECU and wiring harness but as far as I know, dropping an LS1 should be pretty straightforward. as far as the LS2 motor, Harness and ecu because of the repositioning of the cam positioning sensor and knock sensor. As far the the throttle by wire, it's possible, I don't know of anyone who has done it. Most people just use a 90 mm TB from FAST to fit the LS2 manifold and still run the cable wire system. The Electronic Throttle Body would require you to swap out the accelerator assembly

Thread Information