Black
    2000 Trans am

Low Voltage to knock sensor

I've been dealing with a code (I believe it's) P3332 or something there about.

I've searched a lot of thread on these forums relating to this code and have tried a lot of the suggestions. I'm kinda getting to my wits end and considering selling the car due to the new inspections in NY that will not pass with this code...

I have used a K&N filter, and did try electrical cleaner on the air flow sensor.

I've replaced the kock sensor, only have it come back, although it lasted long enough for 1 inspection.

I then took it to a dealer who said I pinched the wires and fixed it again, only to have it come back.

I had an issue with my passenger side cat, which was covered under the warranty and fixed, unfortunately the knock sensor code has still come back.

My buddy at the dealer also tried the GM top engine cleaner with no luck.

According to my buddy and his co-worker there is no actual knock that they can find.

The only solution I seem to be left with is to buy LS1 just to turn off this stupid sensor.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that I could possibly try???

98 Formula
    06 duramax

p0332 is the rear knock sensor. Did you replace just that rear sensor or both sensors? Do you use water to clean the engine or is any water getting under the intake? What kinda shape was your old sensor in? Water kills those sensors with the quickness so if you're washing your engine down water is probably getting under the intake and killing them. The only other thing I could offer past that is maybe the harness is bad. I ordered both sensors and the harness from gmpartsdirect for ~$90 but I'm not sure what the harness by itself was.....maybe $30ish or something like that. I would first pull that intake and look at the condition of your sensors and see if there is any evidence of water under there.

Black
    2000 Trans am

Ahh yes that's it thanks, been while since I looked at the code myself.

The water was why I first replaced it, and I did only replace the rear sensor itself. When I re-installed it, I built a bit of a dam with hi temp silicone as suggested on here at the time. and it did clear it long enough for the one inspection which was the longest i've gone without the code for years. I've been very careful to not get water in here since.

When the dealer had it, he had guessed I pinched the lines (although I was very careful not to) and replaced the harness or so I was told. although there was about a year in between my work and his.

Maybe the time difference is an issue, could try doing it all at once but i'm a bit sick of putting money into this with no results ya know.

Thread Information