Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

Looking to BUY ws6 need to know if its worth it?

hey guys im looking to pick up a 2000 ws6 A4 the body has 104,000 miles and the new motor has aprox 4,000 with many upgrades!

the ws6 mods consist of
    the SLP cast iron block 402 and motor set up 8,992 Ls6 heads rockers and he paid back then he has reciept, also has sub frame conectors all redonr performance drag suspension, rebuilt stage 3 trans, zo6 servo 4:10 gears BUT STILL HAS STOCK 10 bolt has a mild cam mild stall and shit load more stuff, the body is in good condition
    and leather too

the things that worry me is that it still has a 10 bolt, and is still running the stock fuel injectors and hasnt been fully dyno tuned yet, the car is fast and loud!!! but what else should i still look for ??

he said the lowest he will go for me is 14,000 should i get it or no??? opinions and inputs please!! keeping in mind he does have 15,000 in reciepts from SLP in just motor parts not including labor and trans and rear end parts...

also any ideas on other stuff to look for would be highly apreciated!!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Black
    2001 Formula

I always wondered if it was worth buying a car with internal mods off some one. There is a cammed gto for sale but I was always worried about buying a car with that much work done.

Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

thts my delima i dont know if i trust it but everything is pretty new and was installed right

im just wondering is it worth that PRICE? cause i know i can get a 6.0 GTO around the same price

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

If the owner has all the documents/receipts to show what parts/labor was done, then I say go for it. I bought mine modded and I don't know what cam or clutch is in it, but my tuner told me he could find out. My car runs fine but I don't beat on it.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black
    1998 Firebird Formula

yeah but what worries me is that the car isnt really modded its pretty much rebiult lol diffrent block heads trans everything!

i mean i took it for a spin and it made my 380HP 98 Formula feel like a 4 cylinder lol so i have just had this want and crave for that power again lol

but i almost feel as if 14,000 is a little high but then again he does have 15 grand in just motor parts reciets,

oh and the real issue here is i will be selling my 98 formula with 43,000 miles in perfect condition for this lol

black
    02 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by rcorte3001 View Post
    yeah but what worries me is that the car isnt really modded its pretty much rebiult lol diffrent block heads trans everything!

i mean i took it for a spin and it made my 380HP 98 Formula feel like a 4 cylinder lol so i have just had this want and crave for that power again lol

but i almost feel as if 14,000 is a little high but then again he does have 15 grand in just motor parts reciets,

oh and the real issue here is i will be selling my 98 formula with 43,000 miles in perfect condition for this lol
    Why not keep the Formula you have now and put the money you would have spent on the other car toward modding your's the way you want

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that price seems a 3k to high... do you konw who installed the 402 and other mods???

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by rcorte3001 View Post

What do you use the car for? If it's a hot rod, and you want something crazy fast, go for it. If it's a DD, then maybe not so much.

Thread Information