black
    1987 chevy camaro

licence plate window mount

hello

ive seen a car at a show once, that had it's plate in the window, yeh alot of cars have the plate in the window but this one had a nice little mount for it. It was clear plastic that the plate fit into with two sucktion cups holding it on to the glasss my question is has anyone found a place that sells these? I've look all over and did afew searches before posting..

but if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be very helpfull

shlo
    mo

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Move to Pa. Sorry, thats they only help i can give.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I may be wrong, but I think those are for a temporary mount situation and illegal for a permanent display...

black
    1987 chevy camaro

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Mount it to your Radiator Air Dam.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

here is what i did...

1) remove front plate and bracket
    2) hit firmly with hammer
    3) leave it in passenger footwell

and then when the cop pulls you over you say, i was just parked over there, and i got back and some asshole hit my car and broke the damn thing off. he inspects the cracked plastic bracket, and tells you to get a new one asap. (works good at night because you can say you'll get one tomorrow morning)

this has worked twice for me so far.

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

check your local laws before putting your front plate on the dash.....but I just use four small suction cups. Put one in each of the mounting holes, clean the inside of your windshield and press firmly until the suction hold the plate. This way is cheap and easy. I have been using this setup on my cars for over 10 years now and works great.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

The last time i got pulled over was for turn signal and licence plate on the windshield. He let me off and told me that the reason they dont want it on the windshield is because of safty, in case of an accedent it will become a flying object that could hurt lol.

I had a bag of tools in the back seat that would cause alot more damage than a plate lol

but what ever, i was just driving threw that town so i havent listen yet lol

Used to be dark green
    Used to be 96 Firebird

i live in ohio where it is the law to have the plate on the front...but i said screw it, if i get pulled over then so what, ill just say i didnt know it was the law and i see people w/o it all the time

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    here is what i did...1) remove front plate and bracket
    yeah no bracket hearlol
    like you avitar reminds me of something......
    <----------- lol jk, nice pic
    Last edited by NorthwoodDavid; 09-22-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    The last time i got pulled over was for turn signal and licence plate on the windshield. He let me off and told me that the reason they dont want it on the windshield is because of safty, in case of an accedent it will become a flying object that could hurt lol.

I had a bag of tools in the back seat that would cause alot more damage than a plate lol

but what ever, i was just driving threw that town so i havent listen yet lol

yeah...I have heard that too, but the law in Texas states that the 2 plates must be visible one from the front and one from rear of a vehicle. There is no where in law that says it must be mounted to the outside or the front bumper or rear bumper, Just that it must be visible. I got a ticket in Odessa, TX one time for no front plate when it was clearly visible mounted to my front windshield. I went down to the court and talked with the district attorney and she looked up the law and said I was correct and had the judge dismiss it.

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by FIREBIRDKID9687 View Post
    i live in ohio where it is the law to have the plate on the front...but i said screw it, if i get pulled over then so what, ill just say i didnt know it was the law and i see people w/o it all the time
    The problem with this method is that they don't care if you didn't know it was a law. They will still ticket you and you mostly like have to pay it. That is why it is always good to research the law and see if there is an alterative way to be comply.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by murphy80 View Post
    yeah...I have heard that too, but the law in Texas states that the 2 plates must be visible one from the front and one from rear of a vehicle. There is no where in law that says it must be mounted to the outside or the front bumper or rear bumper, Just that it must be visible. I got a ticket in Odessa, TX one time for no front plate when it was clearly visible mounted to my front windshield. I went down to the court and talked with the district attorney and she looked up the law and said I was correct and had the judge dismiss it.
    This is good to know. I have been pulled over a few times with the plate in my windshield. Though with the way our windshields are angled so much I have been trying to figure a way to make it a bit more visible to avoid the hassle.

black
    1987 chevy camaro

not going to take a hammer to my plate, ive been pulled over in a buddies car for his no front pate and got a fine for it on the fl00r bords...

ls1camino- thats not a bad idea with the air dam, how did you mount it any problems? hey any chance did you go to mc rockville last semester?

i know its illegal here but im just looking nicer place o mount the plate, i do like the air dam idea though

Black
    1992 Camaro RS

Quote Originally Posted by ToKiC IROC View Post
    not going to take a hammer to my plate, ive been pulled over in a buddies car for his no front pate and got a fine for it on the fl00r bords...

ls1camino- thats not a bad idea with the air dam, how did you mount it any problems? hey any chance did you go to mc rockville last semester?

i know its illegal here but im just looking nicer place o mount the plate, i do like the air dam idea though

It is real easy to mount to the airdam....just use some self-tapping metal screws or drill holes and use tie-straps..

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

there is also a bracket available to mount it under front bumper, on the driver side.

but if you lowered your car, like me, then you wont be able to fit the plate between bumper and ground.
    Last edited by Insert; 09-23-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: typo

black
    1987 chevy camaro

yep im lowered....so what to do??

Thread Information