Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last new camaro in the world

I have a question...I will probably be getting the last new camaro ever sold from a dealership. It is a beautiful black 02 M6 SS fully loaded from the factory and all the factory slp you can get. anyways, it has been sitting on the showroom floor since they quit making them in 02 and has been started up by the dealer a few times since then just to let it run but is there anything that can go bad on them over time without use? fluids? gaskets? anything that wears with time?

Camaro

Availability of replacement parts. The car should come with a 3/36,000 warranty effective the day you purchase it. If it has been put in to service prior to the day you get it than your warranty will expire on the in service date or has already expired. Have them replace the battery with a new one before you take delivery and remember if the try and sell you a warranty for it the effective date is the day you purchase it. So if it's a 3/36,000 warranty they are selling you it won't be any good and runs concurrent with the manufaturers warranty unless the manufacturers warranty has expired. hope this helps.

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

Damn, what a find! As stated above, the warranty should start from the day you purchase the car, so you don't have anything to worry about. I would probably change all the fluids, maybe new tires since those may be getting hard by now, but other than that you should be fine. It's only been sitting for three years, and in a climate controled building at that. Congrat's on the awesome find!

Yeah i shouldent have any problems with the dealership cause my dad is actually the President, but physically it should be in as good of shape as it was when it came off the assembly line?

Black
    99 SS Camaro Convertible

I think it will be in great shape. I have a 99 SS with only 6,500 miles on it. We don't get it out much and I have never had anything go bad on it. GEAT FIND you will love it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

WOW!!!! man...that's frakin' sweet!

99PontTA
    Quote Originally Posted by fleegle41
    Yeah i shouldent have any problems with the dealership cause my dad is actually the President, but physically it should be in as good of shape as it was when it came off the assembly line?
    yer dad is pres bush....dam

so as badly as i want to throw a monster cam in there or run it on the bottle or somethin for big power, i also want to keep its clean slick newness for as long as possible. I was thinkin just some good lookin wheels (has the 10 spoke chromes now), some regular bolt ons, a couple free mods, and maybe somethin mild like the ls6 cam, flp's, and it has the slp center mount exhaust...i think ill leave that on there, maybe throw a dump on. any changes/suggestions?

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

How much are you getting it for? How much did they want for it if they weren't selling it to the son of the president of the Co.? What was the original asking price??

sonnyred
    How can a car as beautiful as that sit in a showroom all this time? AMAZING isn't it?

Its been sitting there since i was a junior in high school...thought I was getting it for bday, cmas, graduation ect every year only to be dissapointed. I am now a junior in college hoping its gonna be my college grad present. not sure what the sticker price says but after all options i remember it being in the 40's. Anyone encourage or discourage a tr224 or nitrous or something big? hate to fuck up a new car but i like power...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

your best bet is to leave it stock, buy it as an investment. If it is indeed the last camaro ever made, and they never bring the camaro back i 1-20 yrs that thing will be worth well over 100,000$. Keep it stock and keep the miles low, that is one camaro i wouldnt drive much.
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

sonnyred
    It would be living in my house, if igot it .I take, this car is not for sale?

haha no this car is not for sale. And i dont think it was the last one made (off the assembly line), just the last new (hasnt been titled to anyone) camaro. I know it will still be worth alot in years to come but damn i really want to make it fast! maybe just some bolt ons, LT's, perhaps an ls6 cam, SFC's, STB, keep the SLP centermount exhaust just add a dump, and im temped to get some of the red Z06 calipers to compliment the red outlined SS badging.

sonnyred
    I know the last one made was a z28 and it auctioned off for about 80 thousand, i believe.

Ugly but well hung, A-10 SS#1531's Avatar
    1998 Camaro SS M6 Hardtop

Forget about keeping it stock as an investment. It will never be worth enough to sacrifice the fun you will have by modding it. The TR224 cam is very popular, and one I plan on buying for my car soon. I'd stay away from nitrous, but that's just me.

Black
    1995 Firebird

Well if you are getting it for a grad present..I take it you are not paying a dime. Which by the way is bad ass . But if it is really the last untitled camaro, then why dont you take it for FREE and go buy yourself an older one that you can play around with and get your power out of . Even if you have to wait a year or two to get another one, that camaro will be worth some money if you can prove it is the last untitled one and keep it stock with low miles. Just My opinion...

sonnyred
    If you upgrade it don't scew up,so many guys are sorry after.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    your best bet is to leave it stock, buy it as an investment. If it is indeed the last camaro ever made, and they never bring the camaro back i 1-20 yrs that thing will be worth well over 100,000$. Keep it stock and keep the miles low, that is one camaro i wouldnt drive much.
    That's a cool idea. I don't know how many Boomers I've talked to who say, "Oh, yeah. I had a model X car with X engine back when I was young. One just sold for $100,000+ at auction. Wish I'd have kept it and maintained it."

But that's the problem. We don't buy our cars to collect them (most of us don't at least). We buy them to drive them. That's what the Boomers did and they enjoyed them when they had them.

I mentioned that once to my ma. "Hey, I should just keep it in the garage and keep the miles off of it. Someday it'll be worth a goldmine!" Her reply: "Ha Ha Ha Ha! You'll never be able to own a car like that and not drive it."

sonnyred
    Just saw a 69 camaro last week get auctioned off for 81,000 here in s.fl.

Thread Information