Thread: Kr?????

Black
    2002 WS6

Kr?????

How bad is it for the engine? It's between 2.5-3 KR at high RPM's. what are the possible problems if not corrected??

Black
    2002 Camaro

I wouldnt worry about that little KR, this is fairly common depending on what gas your runing, how well your spark-plugs are and what altitude your at. If you were seeing something like 6-plus degrees than be worried and have your knock sensors checked out. Also did you just buy the car???? The reason I ask is because the LS1 computers have a memory that it learns over time on how the engine behaves and what it doesnt like. In other words... If you live in the elevation of 1000+' and you use something like 87 octane crap, and the previouse owner used nothin but 93 and ,it saw nothing but below 500' elevation then the computer is going nuts because the engine has never ran in this condition before and is still trying to use the learned timing and fuel curves of the old climate that just wont work in the new climate.
    Bottom line is I think your A-ok, but if your still worried then disconect your battery and unplug your ECM fuses for about 10 min. This will completely reset everything in the ECM. Next hook the battery back up and reinsert the fuses. Start the car.... It may act like its going to die at first and this is normal because its going on all the base spark and fuel maps which may not be 100% best for your area. As time goes on and you drive it more the computer will learn the way you drive and adjust according to you and your enviroment.
    Hope this helps let me know how it goes.

Black
    2002 WS6

I am the first owner I have always ran 91 (in CA) octane. I just installed NGk plugs gapped at .60 reset the ECm after the plug change. I have had the predator tune installed w/ TR MAF ends for some time now so that it how I know how much kr it gets. I have even seen it alittle higher than 3 kr.

What is acceptable amount of KR anyone know?

Thread Information