Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

Intake gasket thickness

im curious if anyone knows how thick a new, or uncrushed intake gasket actually is....i have a crushed one on mine, but looking at the rest of my intake gaskets their all maybe a 32nd of an inch taller than my intake itself....and i dont think that is near enough to seal

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Easiest way is going to be to replace them. Its fairly cheap, and you wont have to play the guessing game on whether or not they are still usable.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

well i have the intake gaskets on order....and should be here tomorrow...but im just curious if i actually have more than 1 intake gasket thats not useable. one of them is actually flat and even with the intake manifold itself, and the others are about 1/32'nd of a inch taller than the intake itself. so i was just curious how much a new intake gasket sticks out of the manifold

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Ive had my intake off more times then I like to remember, they all seemed to stick out every so slightly. Pretty much what your describing. They are supposed to stick out slightly and your probably making a wise choice on replacing them. Maybe someone has a measurement for you, I do not. Other then that, I would say your about to find oout how much new gaskets stick out

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

yea, i see their is a groove cut into all the head side of the gaskets...all my grooves are all smashed together and kinda look like playdoh.. haha

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

They will be like that after torquing. I should probably replace my gaskets next time I have my intake off as well. What was the total price for the gaskets?

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

29.99....felpro set from autozone

yeah i just hope that the new gaskets will fix my intake/vacuum leak im having. they all are smashed like i said, and i had to intall/remove my intake 4 times in a week, so im just hoping this is insurance against a leak again

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    29.99....felpro set from autozone

yeah i just hope that the new gaskets will fix my intake/vacuum leak im having. they all are smashed like i said, and i had to intall/remove my intake 4 times in a week, so im just hoping this is insurance against a leak again
    Well its a start.

I saw you think you MAP sensor is moving? What intake? That can cause a vacuum leak very easily and was my number one complaint on the FAST intake. They have no provision for any kind of lock for the MAP sensor. BS for such a high dollar intake.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

stock ls1 intake...the block that snaps into the intake wobbles, and so does the map sensor itself. i removed the map sensor cleaned it, and stuck it back in, and it has a really good seal, but am curious bout that whole block that goes into the intake itself

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

so i finally gt my intake gaskets in...these are huge compared to my stock flat gaskets....these stick up off the intake a good 1/8th inch or more....vs my stock gaskets were basically flush with the intake....i may have this beotch running good here really quick

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

got my intake back on, torqued down and started....shut it off and restarted, back to its popping, and sputtering. pulled a code p0107...which is low voltage from the map sensor....got the volt meter out i have 5v at the harness. so the sensor is dead

Thread Information