M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Install questions, please help!

Sorry to keep buggin' with all the questions but i wanna be sure about what im doing and i trust that the answers i get on here are good for it. Now, about the headers, its clear to me that you unbolt them from the top and take them out from the bottom. But i dont see how its possible to do the passenger side from the top, im talking about the nuts all the way in the back, i think i can maybe get the first two, but after that theirs so much shit in the way (ex. a/c hoses, and some exaust thing that comes out of the top of the exaust manifold) that i wouldnt know what to do to get to those bolts. Is it possible to unbolt this side from underneath? Also im ordering some MSD 8.5 mm plug wires and i have the same dilema with accessing the wires on the passenger side. On the drivers side its all nice and clear but when you look at the passenger side it looks like hell to do anything there. Would it be easier to unbolt the little bracket on top of the valve cover and just remove all the coils? Once again sorry if im asking stupid questions but bear with me, im still new to the GM family and i just dont wanna jump in there and start yanking shit out and fuck something up. Thanks.

Yulian

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

are you talking about the pass. header where it meets at the cat?? if so, just unbolt the header from the head, take off the o2 sensors and remove it with the y pipe. The wires are so easy. just take off the coil packs and connect the rear one, slide the coil pack back far enough for the wire to reach from the plug to the pack, slide it on, then bolt it down. is that what your asking?

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

The coils slide on that bracket like a rail? But yes, you answerd my question for the wires but for the headers im asking how you get it off the head. Theres no room to stick my hand down in there from the top do i go in from underneath? And did you have to remove anythig to get to the headers if you were to unbolt them from the top?

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

ok, im assuming your taking off the stock headers. If so, then to make room, id recommend taking off the coil pack ( what the plug wires connect to) and the big white male sensor thats connected to it. when you put it back on just use the back bolt and the front one to keep it intact. makes it alot simpler to remove later on as for the headers themselves, you will need to remove the EGR (98-00) and the AIR (all years) there are 6 or 8 bolts on each header. they're not that hard to break loose. I can reach all the way to the back to remove and reinstall, but its kinda tricky. also install the back plug first before installing the headers, just becareful not to break them
    NIno

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

"when you put it back on just use the back bolt and the front one to keep it intact. makes it alot simpler to remove later on" This is refering to the coil pack correct? And when you say "also install the back plug first before installing the headers", are you talking about the back spark plug, why would i have to take that off? Other than that everything else is pretty clear. Thanks

M.R.M. & C.E. Yellow
    01 TA & 02 CETA

Oh and one more thing, (i have an '01) the AIR is the little thing thats bolted to the front of the pass. exaust manifold and has the heat wrap on it?

Thread Information