Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I'm having issues with Cluster, BCM and PCM?

hey guys recenltey I installed an HID kit for the fog lights and when I turned them on it blew my fuse out. so I changed it and it blew it again. I gave up and called it a night and when I parked it, I hit the lock on my Fob and I heard some clicking noises. So I conernelly got under the car and disconnected one foglight. The lights work when eiher side is disconected, but wen I try to run them togehter they flash rapidly (I should of dumped these 160 bucks on some LCA's) any how thats not the problem

Now my cluster is not working. when I set the key to run the only light that comes on is the seatbelt, and only the oil pressure and annmeter work, when I take out the gauge fuse they stop working so its not the fuse.

And my Alarm is not working either. when i press lock on the key fob, it only honk once, and the lights dont flash.

My trunk release isnt working either.

my question is.... did this HID kit really cause all these problems? I've reseted the PCM but to no avail, now the car Idles funny I guess because its relearning the AF ratio.

i have attached some vids, please click if you have fast internet. please help because my other option is to take it to the stealer ship and use their tech II but i know thats 80 bucks off my wallet immediately.

http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_0611.flv

http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_0610.flv

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

black
    2000 trans am

dude those are all the same problems im having, we need to figure this bs out. i hate not knowing my speed with all these new speed traps here. yours broke with hids mine broke with a new radio....nice cars we have huh

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Unfortunantly, if both probs occured immediatly following install, I wouldn't be blaming the cars as much as the installers...

P.S. I'm only advising in the other thread. no need to double post everything...

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Unfortunantly, if both probs occured immediatly following install, I wouldn't be blaming the cars as much as the installers...

P.S. I'm only advising in the other thread. no need to double post everything...
    I wouldnt say the installers, because the kit is plug and play. probably theres a loose ground somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by twoolley08 View Post
    dude those are all the same problems im having, we need to figure this bs out. i hate not knowing my speed with all these new speed traps here. yours broke with hids mine broke with a new radio....nice cars we have huh
    Im gonna have to take it to the stealership. they are gonna run tech II on it.

black
    2000 trans am

ive done 10+ full car aduio installs and never had one problem.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

ive done 10+ full car aduio installs and never had one problem.
    this is an HID kit. I found the problem, one of the fog light wires are grounded to the turnsignal, and daytime running lamps. Im gonna do my own circuit for the fog kits, Ill post the schematics in a little while so you hardocre electricians can tell me if its right or not.

For my Cluster, Alarm and the other electrical problem, the stealer ship is charging me 29 bucks to run it on Tech II, and if theres a short its going to be 30 buck per hour to find it. those dam crooks!.

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    this is an HID kit. I found the problem, one of the fog light wires are grounded to the turnsignal, and daytime running lamps. Im gonna do my own circuit for the fog kits, Ill post the schematics in a little while so you hardocre electricians can tell me if its right or not.

For my Cluster, Alarm and the other electrical problem, the stealer ship is charging me 29 bucks to run it on Tech II, and if theres a short its going to be 30 buck per hour to find it. those dam crooks!.
    jeez, hey is your little right light on the passenger door by the handle out also? and how about the tcs? those went out along with the other things also.

black
    2000 trans am

i found out it could be the body control modual , it just needs to be reprogrammed the guy was saying. he said the car thinks something has been stolen and shut the shit down on me since the anti theft was not deactivated. if the body control modual hasnt been blown it can be reprogrammed, if its blown i will be $400 to $700 to fix it.

black
    2000 trans am

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8933392 check out that site, it has some good info

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

i found out it could be the body control modual , it just needs to be reprogrammed the guy was saying. he said the car thinks something has been stolen and shut the shit down on me since the anti theft was not deactivated. if the body control modual hasnt been blown it can be reprogrammed, if its blown i will be $400 to $700 to fix it.

YES!!! My TCS system doesnt work, neither does my trunk release was that your problem too? My car is still at the stealership looks like its spending the night over there. I warned them about my springs though cause they were on the back, If i find soemthing missing Im going to hurt somebody.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Okay I just came back! my car stayed over I hope she's not scared.

and this is a real headscratcher guys. They wouldnt tell me whats wrong with it. yet. but heres the symptoms....

Cluster is not getting power (only the oil and volt gauge are working, but thats because they are mechanical)

Radio is not getting power

TCS stays on

Trunk release is disabled.

When I locked the car the horn beeped once, and no lights flashed. usually it beeps twice, I read when your alarm is armed it beeps one to let you know.

so my headscratcher is that the BCM might not be getting power, but the car starts anyway? the stealership wants to charge 375 to look for a short. is there really a short somewhere if my equipment is not getting power? all my fuses are holding out fine.

so far ive disconected the battery and to no avail.

do you guys know how to disarm the stock alarm?

black
    2000 trans am

you have all the same problems as i do, i went to the dealer by me and said the bcm needs to be reprogrammed they said it will cost about $100 and take around an hour, i am taking it there tomorrow morning, also i need to unplug my remote start so they cant say anything about that. unfortunately the dealer is the only place that can reprogram and bcm. i hope it will cure my car

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    Okay I just came back! my car stayed over I hope she's not scared.

and this is a real headscratcher guys. They wouldnt tell me whats wrong with it. yet. but heres the symptoms....

Cluster is not getting power (only the oil and volt gauge are working, but thats because they are mechanical)

Radio is not getting power

TCS stays on

Trunk release is disabled.

When I locked the car the horn beeped once, and no lights flashed. usually it beeps twice, I read when your alarm is armed it beeps one to let you know.

so my headscratcher is that the BCM might not be getting power, but the car starts anyway? the stealership wants to charge 375 to look for a short. is there really a short somewhere if my equipment is not getting power? all my fuses are holding out fine.

so far ive disconected the battery and to no avail.

do you guys know how to disarm the stock alarm?
    oh yes teh oil and volt gauges, they are electronic, i pulled my gauge cluster out and its just one big plug that the cluster pushes into, in the middle of it all

black
    2000 trans am

im going to try this its the vats by pass vehicle anti theft system lol it took me a min to figure it out

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61262

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

FIXED!!!!

It was the accesory fuse, and a Relay, those jerks didnt show me which.

black
    2000 trans am

good shit good shit, i got mine fixed today to, waited 5 hours at the dealer before it even got in they said it was fuse number 7 by the door, he power accs fuse....which i checked that and they didnt let me see, but it was free of charge and its fixed. 5hr wait free fix...nice dealer, best ive ever been to lol

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

did they take yours for a test drive? I wasnt charged either. However; they did go for a 16 mile test drive, darn them!

black
    2000 trans am

no they didnt i kept starin at every little thing they did, but they did start it u and turn it off 5 times in a row

Thread Information