justgot98

Ignition Problems

Looks like I have the typical ignition cylinder problem. Car wont start and security light is flashing.

The question I have is about what connector to use to put the resistor in. The only 2 wire connector I can find is bundled with my air bag connector. Is this the connector? (2 white wires on a black connector) Chicken to mess with it since it is bundled with air bag.

Thanks,

Rob

98 firebird formula

Haven't done one myself, but think you're on the right track...someone will chime in. Connector is under the dash. Welcome aboard and TTT for ya.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I just done this fix on mine a week or two ago. There's 2 wires inside an orange outter shell that have a connector under there. It'll come down the column, you can't miss it. It'll look like this.http://shbox.com/1/air_bag_disc_2.jpg
    Measure the ohms on your key to see what they are. Then look on this chart http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#pass_key and find out what your key falls under. My key was 5980 ohms so it fell under the pellet that had 6040 ohms as the median. I went to radio shack and they didn't have a single 6k resistor so I took 3 different 5% resistors and soldered them in a series to equal 6040 ohms and then cut my wires on the column side of that 2 wire plug and soldered the resistors across those wires, taped them up, and plugged it back in.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I didn't cut the wires when I did mine...no reason to really. Just disconnect the connector and put a resistor in there on the female side (BCM side). I wrapped electrical tape around it and wha lah...quick and easy to undo also. It's been about 9-10 months and no probs...

Thread Information