idle issue.. may be tune issue.. help?

Here is the background

2000 trans am, with LS1, has LS6 intake, has a BTR stage 2 cam, has been tuned.. However it should of went back to the tuner after install but they closed down or something shortly after completing my tune.

When i first installed cam, and had the tune done, the car sometimes would idle as soon as started. sometimes i would have to feather the throttle a bit for a few seconds to get it to hold a good idle. Recently my battery took a crap so replaced it car set dead for a few weeks as i don't drive it daily. In the mean time temperatures have tumbled from summer temps to temps in the 30's too. Drove the car today, and it will not idle down. it wants to idle around 1200rpm.. i have searched for vacuum leaks, and started at my pcv valve. looks good. then after searching i noticed the fuel purge solenoid nipple was broken and had a small vacuum leak. i can put my finger over the broken nipple where the vacuum is and it will not change the idle at all. is it poss this FPS is causing this high idle... by the looks this could have been broken for a long time and i never knew it. does it sound like a tune issue?

sorry for the dumb questions... lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Depending on the size cam it could just be your cam. Cam cars don't like cold start ups.

My 403 is a cranky bitch till it warms up a few minutes. My rpm for idle is 1000rpm for it. 1200 is not too bad.

Is it surging or just a high idle? You could turn the throttle blade screw down some to close it but that might effect it worse. Like not idle at all. You may have to make several adjustments.

My purge is deleted off my 403 so I can't remember how much of an issue it can be.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Yea I have a smaller cam.. but even when warmed it is still 1200 rpm.
    I was tempted to turn the screw some but would like to find out why it is high now and wasn't a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the ideas!

Thread Information