Black
    00 NHRA Formula

Idle/Coasting Problems!

My car starts up at about 1200 rpms and after about 4-5 seconds it goes down to about 800 rpms. Not sure it this is normal LT1 but thats not the problem.

My car likes to idle at about 1200-1400 after pulling it out of gear and just coasting. It will stay there until I slow WAY down and stop...then it will go back down to somewhere between 600-800. This doesnt happen all the time and definitly likes to do this after running it moderate or hard or goin through the gears quickly. If I baby it I dont really see this happening.

Anyone experience this before or have suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance
    Basic bolt-ons of CAI, maf descree, smooth elbow, Catback.
    94 m6 Formula - Sold
    2000 NHRA Formula - Always For Sale

white

Quote Originally Posted by bryceslu View Post
    My car starts up at about 1200 rpms and after about 4-5 seconds it goes down to about 800 rpms. Not sure it this is normal LT1 but thats not the problem.

My car likes to idle at about 1200-1400 after pulling it out of gear and just coasting. It will stay there until I slow WAY down and stop...then it will go back down to somewhere between 600-800. This doesnt happen all the time and definitly likes to do this after running it moderate or hard or goin through the gears quickly. If I baby it I dont really see this happening.

Anyone experience this before or have suggestions on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance
    Basic bolt-ons of CAI, maf descree, smooth elbow, Catback.

lt1 huh??? that looks like a optispark distributor maybe gettin wet or maybe time 2 change it this optispark when started 2 get bad usually messes with the rpm iddle first then kick the code in the computer "low resolution signal" (sets the code when the car wont star for nothing) if u are experienced iddle problems that what it looks like i know is not easy 2 change it but after u can see lots of diference even restore horsepower... good luck.

Thread Information