Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want 450 Hp..

White
    2001 camaro SS

I want 450 Hp..

Can you get 450 hp to the wheels with just bolt ons and a cam?? I have a 2001 ss A4 and I think 450 would be perfect My buddy just go His IS300 built motor tranny and a turbo hes going to to DD it at 450 but wil be able to turn the boost up and make 500 to 550 and stay safe hes going to be talking a lot of s**t and I cant let him beat me for long I think 450 to the wheels with the ls1 would take him even if he turns the boost up.. But who knows
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Heads, cam, LTs, ported throttlebody and a tune should get you near if not beyond 450.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Build the drivetrain to handle it first, if you haven't yet. The rear more than likely will not hold up, and you'll want to beef up the rest of the suspension. Relocate the torque arm off the tailshaft of the tranny. Next, I'd recommend an aftermarket stall, and tranny cooler. Long tubes, intake, cam, and tune next. Throw some good tires on it, and you should compete.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Is there a budget?

I agree with Walt. Your rear won't hold 450HP for the hole shot. Maybe rolling at 70MPH, but still unlikely. The more suspension work you do, the more power you transfer to the floor, which is the most important thing. The more mods you add to the motor, the more torque is lost through the shit unibody and stock suspension.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

The IS300 will have more HP and weighs less. Should be interesting.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Don't forget subframe connectors will be a must too..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

ls6 intake if you dont already have it long tubes with duals dumped gotta get a rear and supension and 150 or 200 shot of laughing gas should do the trick

01 SS

Wouldnt sweat the rear end unless you plan on pounding it at the track week in and week out on stickies. Ran 450-ish combo for a couple years without issue. Definately should be on the upgrade list if you wish to continue to make power, but imo, the H/C, Intake....maybe a gear with a nice converter should work nicely.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by xssv View Post
    Wouldnt sweat the rear end unless you plan on pounding it at the track week in and week out on stickies. Ran 450-ish combo for a couple years without issue. Definately should be on the upgrade list if you wish to continue to make power, but imo, the H/C, Intake....maybe a gear with a nice converter should work nicely.
    I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's really seems to be the luck of the draw with the 10 bolts. Many have been broken with stock power, even v6's have been known to grenade them. 10 bolts and power and traction just don't mix. It's usually only a matter of time. Plus, what good is having the power, if you can't put it to the ground effectively?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's really seems to be the luck of the draw with the 10 bolts. Many have been broken with stock power, even v6's have been known to grenade them. 10 bolts and power and traction just don't mix. It's usually only a matter of time. Plus, what good is having the power, if you can't put it to the ground effectively?
    This..

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Don't get me wrong, I've also seen people run them for a while with higher hp. But, inevitably, it does give out. I'd rather not take the chance of being stuck somewhere. I run just north of 450 hp. I went through 2 carriers before doing the stupidest thing and dumping money into trying to build the 10 bolt. In the end, I ended up going through 3 sets of gears, snapping teeth on all of them. Only one set was at the track. At that point, I upgraded to the 9". No problems since.

01 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Cant speak for those who cant drive, but you're right...they do have a history and am well aware. Really depends on OP drives the car. I know PLENTY of guys running 10s and 11s with their 10 bolts and have been for several seasons...luck of the draw? Maybe.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Guess peace of mind is something I'm willing to pay for first. Just my recommendation. It's the OP's choice.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I'd also wager that most of the members here would make the same recommendation. It's not what people like to hear. If we're going to mod, obviously we'd rather see our money going towards adding power. But having a drivetrain that can handle the added power effectively and safely, to me, that's a better way to go.

White
    2001 camaro SS

Well my mods thus far on the car are weld on subframe conectors, slp bilstin, slp loud mouth one, its an 01 so has the ls6 intake and I was told its one of the few ls1's with the ls6 block.. im not sure. It has the slp lid, smooth bellow and air sensor that came with the bellow. strut tower brace, um new nitto 315 nt555 zr out back 275 up front

White
    2001 camaro SS

And thanks guys for all the great ideas and feed back keep it coming!

Red
    99 Z28

cam, spray, stall, tune..

White
    2001 camaro SS

I want to stay away from spray...

Red
    99 Z28

then prc 2.5 5.3 heads, ms3 cam, fast intake... or Vengeance Racing vrx cam kit with the trickflow heads w/ vrx4 cam and fast intake.

Black
    2000 WS6

It's real sad when the factory doesn't produce all their engines with at least 1HP per Cu. In.
    That should be doable even in the smog nazi area of CA.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

Thread Information