Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

I wanna New Rack Pinion and PS pump set up

So the rebuilt PS pumps are not so worthy of long term use I hear and have found out to be true,,
    I heard that once the PS system has a pump go bad that the parts that the original PS pump break down and leave in the PS fluids make there way into the R/P and that any pump you replace in the future will break down sooner because of PS fluid contamination,,,
    So I wish to do the following and desire feed back from others that have first hand data on it,.,

I wish to replace my rack and pinion with a better one if there is one to order from,,,so HELP on this data I need.
    I shall once I replace the RP with a new one replace all lines that are not hard lines and then install a new PS pump,,,

So I hear that there is a bomb azz bad azz PS pump out there,,,year one or something like that,,,,Have any names of hign end PS pumps please give em to me,,,,

So with a totally fresh RP and PS and lines,,,,and god PS fluid I hope to create a fresh new PS system that wont fail or leak out in the future,,

any thoughts on this build up I must do soon would be great,,
    Since I am sick of that PS leak causing my Alternator to get dusted...

PS..I took apart that PS cooler device,,WTF,,,they shouldhave named it a heater....the lines that feed into it and the internal surface areas of where the lines go into..were blocked up a bit,,after cleaning it out the fluid moved much easier,,,but wow,,,what a bad design it is,,,watch out for it to have internal leaks and such

silver
    2000 formula

turn 1 makes the bad azz pumps.....all you can hope for is a reman in a rack.....i used a GM reman...i trust those more

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Kool-thanks for the data.

I may when I remove my R/P try to rebuild it myself,,,maybe,,,or if I am able to clear out the R/P with some cleaners real well just re-use it. You see so far I have tried to clean out the PS system lines but cant seem to get them ultra clean. this is a must do before I install a turn one pump. Also I need to figure out how to install AN fittings to the stock hoses and such. I want a PS pump that will last the years,,,and one that will have only a clean clear and perfect R/P to go along with it.

I sure wish there were aftermarkery system for it,,,dont mind the price as long as I dont have to worry over future leaks and PS pump break downs,,

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i dont like gm reman units, they fail quite often. but yeah i agree it would be nice to get a whole new ps setup. also mite think about purchasing a universal oil cooler and run your own custom setup. those are my plans

Thread Information