Snake Eater

Unhappy I have a problem.

Well just out of the blue tonight my car starts acting up. While accelerating in any gear my car seems to bog down-- kind of like a jerking motion as if a car is nearly out of gas. At the same time the exhaust sounds like it's "cutting out" while my car is jerking. This seems to happen more often when I'm in a higher gear at a bit lower rpm, but it's not that I bog the car down from being in low rpm, just when I shift into the next gear. And-- I tryed getting on her once and she didn't move at all, just cut out a lot. Any advice and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

02 firehawk
    have you changed your spark plugs latley or messed with the 02 sensers

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Are you throwing any codes?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

black
    1999 Camaro SS

fuel filter maybe?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

You need to check your fuel pressure-there is a shrader valve(like a tire valve)on top of the motor in the fuel rail.A bad fuel pump won't throw any codes and could give the symptoms you have.I wouldn't drive it any further than you have to.

Snake Eater
    Well I just had a set of headers put on about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but no tune yet. My SES light has been on since, but my car was running fine all up until last night. No I haven't changed my plugs. Could a bad fuel filter cause this problem to occur at anytime?
    Last edited by Snake Eater; 10-14-2005 at 12:17 PM.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Get your codes read at Autozone for free-Get an inexpensive fuel pressure gauge while you're there.If you want to replace the fuel filter-couldn't hurt-probably won't fix anything.

02 firehawk
    i had a problem like this when my headers were put on one of the spark plugs got chipped and it caused everything you explained, as well as back firing. my guess is the spark plugs

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02 firehawk
    i had a problem like this when my headers were put on one of the spark plugs got chipped and it caused everything you explained, as well as back firing. my guess is the spark plugs
    Yes, or even a plug wire. I had the same kind of symptoms that led to a bad wire. Check to make sure all your plug wires are secure. Something may have come off or, perhaps, burned since the install.

Snake Eater
    hey guys thank you all! my friend and i today ran my car on the computer and everything read right.. so we both knew it wasn't the fuel filter.. although i purchased a new one. we cam to the conclusion that it was either my wires and/or plugs. so i'm finally replacing the stock ones. thank you all!

Snake Eater
    I just ordered the spark plugs and wires yesterday. Should be in around Wednesday. My TA is my daily driver, would it hurt to drive it as is until then?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eater
    My SES light has been on since
    Did he pull the code? You can run with the SES on, as long as it doesn't start flashing.

Snake Eater
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
    Did he pull the code? You can run with the SES on, as long as it doesn't start flashing.
    I need 02SIMMS. Thanks.

camaro_ss_97_
    my car just started ticking and ticking well i thought it was plugs so i changed them and it still was ticking. i have pacesetter lt's with no exhaust yet. what else would cause a ticking noise????? wires? it was running fine and i shut my car off then i started it back up and bam ticking. please anyone know what might be wrong. the ses code was blinking on and off then it stopped and is just on now. what does the blinking ses light mean?

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

You have open headers and you can hear a ticking sound-must be really loud!Look under the hood in the dark for arcing wires shorting out on the headers.

camaro_ss_97_
    do you think that's all the problem is would be plugs or wires?

camaro_ss_97_
    hey thanks for the tip i just started my car and could see arching on #7 i opted for the cheap 7mm wire when i changed everything b/c that is what i could afford what mm wire you you reccommend for my lt1 8mm or more?

Thread Information