2002 Camaro

Question I cant link to my computer

hey I tried to go through inspection today and I failed because My computer in my 02 camaro wouldnt connect. what would help me fix this??

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Check all your fuses.

2002 Camaro

I checked every fuse and they are all good.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

You checked the fuse box inside the car? Drivers side?

Cigar/accy fuse powers the data port.

2002 Camaro

it is saying that the codes arent ready to be read. it says vehicle needs to be driven more. I have no idea how to fix this

2002 Camaro

OBD ll system not ready

i failed inspection because of this. anybody ever have this problem and how did you fix it?

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Where did you go for inspection? sound like bs to me

2002 Camaro

deptford

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Im confused in your posts. Are you failing because your "Readiness Test" is not ready? If so, what readiness test did you fail?

From your orginal post, it sounds like the daignostic port wouldnt connect with the emissions shop equipment/computer.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Drive it!

If it's been unplugged or had a battery change (same as unplugging) then you need to drive it so the PCM learns the engine and how it responds.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Drive it!

If it's been unplugged or had a battery change (same as unplugging) then you need to drive it so the PCM learns the engine and how it responds.
    This Had the same thing happen to me in 08. Since then, I take the long way to the smog station and let the car idle while it's in line.

2002 Camaro

ok now i can read my computer but it is saying system not ready for evap system........second air injection and oxygen sensor heater..... thanks for you help so far guys!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Drive it!

+1
    You need to drive the car for the on board diagnostic tests to run and pass. Did you clear the computer codes recently?

2002 Camaro

when i bought the car it just had a new starter put into it and i am sure the battery was disconnected. I bought a code reader from autozone today and reset the codes and now I have 5 codes not ready instead of just the 3 I started with. I am going to do the cycle that is necessary to reset the codes tomorrow and let you know how it works out. General Motors (specific) OBD II Drive Cycle

Performing a GM OBDII Driving cycle:

1. Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 122°F (50°C) and within 11°F (6°C) of the ambient air temperature at startup.
    Do not leave the key in prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
    2. Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire, and - if closed loop is achieved- Fuel Trim.
    3. Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 55mph (88km/hr) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
    4. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 55mph (88km/hr) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
    5. Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 20 mph (32km/hr). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
    6. Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 55-60mph (88-96 km/hr). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
    7. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 55mph (88km/hr) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.
    8. Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.

2002 Camaro

I got my car fixed...and a sticker!......erased all the codes from the computer with a cheap 60 handheld scanner from autozone. and followed all the steps to make the codes go through. needless to say it passed inspection this morning. I hope this post helps someone else out in the future.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Thread Information