Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

How much oil on a K&N

How much oil should I put on it if I clean it with the K&N cleaning kit????Would a lid cause the ses light to come on???

20 minutes later if I drive it easy it goes off. It usually comes on if I ram it to the floor and keep it there until 75mph

As soon as I installed an SLP lid I started having issues with my MAF. i THINK THAT THE EXTRA AIR coming in is actually getting some oil residue on my MAF i CLEAN IT AND MY CAR IS FINE FOR LIKE 2 DAYS and then it hesitates and is not crisp on take of anymore. I double checked my lid install and it's fine.

I'm thinking of installing my stock air boxe again now or de-oiling my K&N a new fram filter is $40 and my K&N is brand new. I never had a problem with my stock air boxe no codes nothing.

It was installed out of the boxe from the previous owner it seem, but who knows.... It was sending o2 sensor codes I changed one but $180 a shot is expensive. I love my car but it's touchy about once a month like a .....

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

K&N filters require very little oil--we use a spray and just a very quick mist

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

An over oiled K&N filter can cause the MAF to wig out. You will usually get O2 sensor trouble codes from both banks. CRC makes a MAF spray cleaner. Just give it a shot and reset your computer.

Thread Information