black
    1998 Camaro SS

how do i get clutch hydraulic line back in??

i put the tranny back in the camaro and im pretty much done except for i cant get the clutch hydraulic line back in the tranny, i thought u just push it in and it will lock in and be fine but i cant get it to stay in. any ideas?

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Make sure the white plastic ring is pushed all the way to the end. Put the line on as far as you can and then let the ring release.

For Pic look at 13.
    http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...r_cylinder.htm

Hope this helps.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

thanks for the info.....i tried what you said and i still cant get that line in right. ive been under there messin with it for about an hour now. idk what else to do with it.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

ok i really need some help here guys, this is the last thing i have left and im trying to get the car to get dynotuned this friday. ive been trying to get this line in for two days now. u said to put the plastic ring all the way to the end and push the line in. do u mean the front end of the fitting so that it goes in tranny first or slide it back all the way towards the line itself? ive tried both ways about 5000 times but just wondering. do i need to open the bleed up on the slave so the line will connect or something?
    Last edited by jmatt07; 10-20-2009 at 06:49 AM.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    ok i really need some help here guys, this is the last thing i have left and im trying to get the car to get dynotuned this friday. ive been trying to get this line in for two days now. u said to put the plastic ring all the way to the end and push the line in. do u mean the front end of the fitting so that it goes in tranny first or slide it back all the way towards the line itself? ive tried both ways about 5000 times but just wondering. do i need to open the bleed up on the slave so the line will connect or something?
    Its been about 3 years since I did mine so I can't remember very well. But I believe you push it to the end of the line, goes in tranny first.

Might not be a bad idea to open the bleeder. That should make it easier to push since you won't have to compress the air.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

so if i open the bleeder before i put the line on then do i have bleed the system after i finally do get it hooked up? i didnt think i had to bc noone has push the clutch or anything since i took the tranny out.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by jmatt07 View Post
    so if i open the bleeder before i put the line on then do i have bleed the system after i finally do get it hooked up? i didnt think i had to bc noone has push the clutch or anything since i took the tranny out.
    If I opened the bleeder or not I would bleed it. IMO unhooking line gives a chance of air to be introduced

black
    1998 Camaro SS

finally got it in lol. as soon as i cracked the bleeder open the line went right on and then we bleeded the clutch. Drove it down the road and everything is workin fine Thanks for all your help, its much appreciated

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I'm glad you were able to get it back on. Now you get to have some fun driving it.

Thread Information