Chameleon
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Exclamation How to Clean O2 Sensors

I'm having trouble with my O2 sensors throwing a code (P0160) and I was going to remove and swap the sensor with the front passenger side one to see if the sensor is in fact bad. While I was at it I wanted to clean the sensor in case that is the issue. Anyone know how? What will/won't damage the sensor?

Thanks,

Jeff

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Don't clean it just swap it first. I don't know what you can clean them with but if that is your problem just dig deep and spend the $150 dollars and get rid of your problem. Mine kept throwing the code and I replaced the two I have and fixed my problems.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Originally Posted by YoMommasTA
    To check the sensors first disconnect and inspect the wiring, remove the sensors and clean them, don't use any type of chemicals to do this, the cleaning should be done by using a PROPANE TORCH, place the sensor tip inside the propane flame for a few seconds at a time until all contaminants get evaporated by the heat. THEN do the standard 02 bench test using a hign impedance volt meter.---This was originally posted in another thread about 4 months ago. We had to threaten YoMomma but he eventually told us some useful info (had to get that dig in there-just jokin man). Realizing new people and alot of other people don't always remember this but-using the search feature can be very useful before posting a question. See the search thingy at the top of the page? Ok then...........thats how I found this info in about 30 seconds. go read the rest of the thread if you want-you'll see everybody getting p.o.d and stuff too-very entertaining-lol ( O-type in "cleaning O2 sensors")

Thread Information