Thread: Hot Hot Hot

minorthreat360

Angry Hot Hot Hot

I have a 96 firebird t-top and during the summer time it gets realy hot in my car, it fills like its 200 in side the car. is there any thing i can do for this, or does every one go thru this.

SUNSET ORANGE
    2001 CAMARO SS

Talking Hot

Go to afterthoughts auto.com. They have a nice sunshade (for the inside of the windshield) that really helps. I have one on my 01 SS and it works great and fits perfect!!
    Eddie

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

My 2000 TA has black leather inside and was really hot during the summer. I went and had Limo tint put on the T-Tops and now its much cooler.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Hot

Quote Originally Posted by minorthreat360
    I have a 96 firebird t-top and during the summer time it gets realy hot in my car, it fills like its 200 in side the car. is there any thing i can do for this, or does every one go thru this.
    Do you have the factory T-top sunshades that velcro into the inside of the top? Thay really help!
    Bowtie good! Blue oval not so good! Bob in the PRK

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Tint your back window with at least 15%...passenger and driver side with 35%-15%, and get one one those fold up heat blockers for the windshield when your cars parked. Also get a set of those things that block the t-tops...your car should of came with them.

minorthreat360
    nope it didnt but i see what u mean how huch are those?
    i think i heard there about 60??

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Tint your back window with at least 15%...passenger and driver side with 35%-15%, and get one one those fold up heat blockers for the windshield when your cars parked. Also get a set of those things that block the t-tops...your car should of came with them.
    I'm not sure of the laws in your state...but here in Neb. you can't go lower than 35% front/back and 20% on the sides.

minorthreat360
    right now i have 20% on the back but only have 35%,
    by next summer in going to get 20% for the sides.
    does any no where i can get the thing for the t-tops.
    the shade thing

Black
    2002 Camaro

I live in MO. and up untill recently you couldnt go below 30% on the sides and 20% in the rear, now you can run 20% on the sides and as dark as you want on the rear. But anyways... even with the old laws I was running 5% everywhere except the windshield and had no problem with cops. Bottom line is tinting with tint that has a metal layer is the best way to deflect heat but if you plan on going below legal levels just dont do stupid crap to draw attention to yourself and you should be fine. Ohh ya.... If you are unfortunate to get pulled over have your window fully down before he even gets out of his or her car that way they dont even think about it. The biggest reason cops dont like tinting is because they can-not see what the driver or pass is doing when they come up to the car, for all they know they may have a gun. So when you get pulled over and your window is tinted to where they cant see in, the first thing they start to wander is if its legal. Bottom line... Go ahead and tint it out but just be smart, and have that window rolled down and license/insurance card ready when he or she is at your window.

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Hot

Quote Originally Posted by minorthreat360
    nope it didnt but i see what u mean how huch are those?
    i think i heard there about 60??
    Check ebay, I have seen them there. Or your friendly GM dealer.

Thread Information