Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    02 Z28

help w/ traction control

So I've had my '02 Z28 for about a month, and usually I remember to turn off the ASR (traction cntrol). But it has happened twice...that I forgot to turn it off, and one time looked like an idiot as my Z jerked under hard acceleration. The other time I almost got creamed by a full size truck.
    So, does anyone know how I can make the vehicle start without traction control on? I would much rather choose when to turn it on, than remember to turn it off.
    Also, I'd rather not remove the fuse.
    Any help you guys can render will be appreciated.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

SLP sells a device that reverse the action of the factory ASR. In other words, it is OFF until you turn it on. Go to that page on the top right corner there (LMPerformance) and buy it. It is a easy install, and you'll be happy for the rest of your life. You'll be happy because I said so, no other reason.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    SLP sells a device that reverse the action of the factory ASR. In other words, it is OFF until you turn it on. Go to that page on the top right corner there (LMPerformance) and buy it. It is a easy install, and you'll be happy for the rest of your life. You'll be happy because I said so, no other reason.
    In that case....sign me up! lol

Mine came from the factory without trx control so im very happy!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

My traction control is my right foot.......

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Yeah here we go with that one again - Get that SLP module, plug it in, you'll be good. Traction Control only comes on when you turn it on yourself, not the car.

Black
    02 Z28

See, now that is why I threw my hat in this ring with you guys! you guys are allright.
    Thanx for the continued help!

I'm looking at a 02 camaro and it looks to me that there is no asr button, is that possible and is that an advantage-

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Yes and yes!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

tcs sucking sucks... what ever retard invented the sytem on our cars should be castrated shot, hung, lit on fire, dissembowled, trepidated, and bathed in buric acid...

well since there is already a thread on this, Does a 2000 TA NON-WS6 A4 come with built in Traction control, Im going to look at a this car but the guy says it does not have it.

Black
    02 Z28

I don't see any of the F-bodies having SCR without a switch. Besides, take it for a test drive and you'll be surprised how those rear tires turn to butter with a little bit of throttle. If that doesn't happen then you'll know either something is wrong, or something is wrong.

thats my fear, I want to be able to let the wife take the car once and a while to her work, but if it rains and she gets on it I suspect she will spin it out.
    I sure wish I could find a M6 then she wont borrow it at all
    but all the M6 ones that have a clean history are more then my 10k I want top spend

Black
    02 Z28

These cars are sleds in the rain. I have a set of Yokohama's on my M6, they give great dry weather traction, but it will get away from me in the rain, even with traction control on. Don't relly on that little button too much. I showed my wife how easy it is to get squirley before I let her drive mine so she respects the power. She doesn't really like to go that fast anyway...
    As for the $10k price, keep looking. I picked up my '02 Z28 M6 with 80,000 miles for $10,900, and its got all the options (cd changer, leather, cruise, etc.)
    But I had to look for 3 months before I found her. You'll find something suitable!

I just found a 00 with 68000 its an auto, but the guy has every record for the car, bright silver stock all the way never messed with

Black
    02 Z28

Most people with these cars (still in good shape anyway) never messed with them. The 305-345 hp was plenty for them. BTW-that new STI everyone hypes up=302 hp for almost $40k WTF!
    Not a very good investment, they must be easy/cheap to mod.
    Anyway, from what I've seen, people who bought these cars new had no need to mod them. For $28-34k you bought a car that will beat 90% of the other 4 passenger vehicles on the market, even 8 years after the last one rolled off the assembly line! WOW!
    Just my observations though.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Does anyone know if they make a delete kit for the traction control? I'd like to get rid of mine permanently. Also, if you're looking for a quick fix, just disconnect it.

Black
    02 Z28

Look at the earlier posts to this thread, there is a plug in module that will have the src turn itself off whenever you start the car.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody4ever View Post
    Look at the earlier posts to this thread, there is a plug in module that will have the src turn itself off whenever you start the car.
    No that's not what I'm talking about. If I didn't want it on I'd just disconnect it under the hood. I don't want those three cables going across my entire engine bay from the drivers side firewall all the way across to almost where the battery is on the front passengers side. I'm sure people out there have completely gotten rid of it so I'm just wondering if there is a kit or something?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I have a routine down. Push the clutch in, turn the key to start, engine starts - push the TCS button, shift to 1st or reverse, click on seat belt, and then finally get going. I wish it didn't REQUIRE a plug in module to make the TCS do what I want it to do, which is stay off until I say I want it on.

Black
    02 Z28

Yeah, but I wish I could shift into second without havin to worry about skip shift kickin in! These cars were built for the general public, and I think we all agree that people are stupid, so unfortunately we all have to deal with the fallout. The delete kit is circa $75, but for that price I'd rather just push the button.
    I wonder how taking the wire clippers to it would work...

Thread Information