Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Question HELP!! Reverse Light Switch

I need some help here guys! I have a 99 Trans Am and the reverse lights are out, we found the problem to be in the Reverse Switch, the one that plugs into the transmission. Does anyone here know the part number or where I can get this part. The parts place that I order from, O'rielys/ Auto Zone/ Pep BOys/ Full Service (Dealer). Has anyone else had this problem???? PLEASE HEEEEEEEEELP!

Thanks,

Mark

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

I have not had this problem myself. Just go to your local dealer, they should have no problem looking something like that up for you. If they do they SUCk and you should find another dealer. I walked into my preferred local dealer today matter a fact and got my 01-02 coolant lines to stick my new LS6 on my 98 LS1 just by explaining what I needed and they looked it up. They got really detailed blow ups of everything it should be easy for them to get it for you.

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by gnomee
    I have not had this problem myself. Just go to your local dealer, they should have no problem looking something like that up for you. If they do they SUCk and you should find another dealer. I walked into my preferred local dealer today matter a fact and got my 01-02 coolant lines to stick my new LS6 on my 98 LS1 just by explaining what I needed and they looked it up. They got really detailed blow ups of everything it should be easy for them to get it for you.
    Thanks for the help ... I belive I went to Ancira here in SA and they had a hard time finding this part ... but I will keep tring ...

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

99WS6MAN, I have the same problem. I can't give you the part number right now. (Perhaps the first part of next week.) I went to my local dealer and had them to order the switch for me. The reverse switch (backup light switch) in the transmission does not often fail so most dealers do not carry the part. The switch cost $17.45. The switch is easy to remove and install. Just be careful when installing the new switch to keep your deep socket straight so the you will not crack the plastic housing of the new switch. I hope this helps you some.
    JEB

Thread Information