navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

help!!! with po1415 code

i guess for about a couple of weeks now this thing has been comming on at about every 300-400 miles .,...it says air pump but i dont wanna just throw money at it so any help will be very appreciated my car is a

2000 trans am ls1 stock

thanks thomas

Try replacing the check valves. They are cheaper.

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

they are located where?

They are on the air pump itself I believe. Do a search in the general maintenence section for air pump check valve replacement. Hope this helps

The check valves are the black disc shaped valves in between the metal air pipe coming off the exhaust manifold, then connect on the back side to the AIR hoses. P1415 is the drivers side code, P1416 is the passenger side code. Usually means they're just clogged with carbon. Not expensive - you might get away with just replacing the drivers side.

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

when this code does come on will it cause the car to run lean or anything just like it would if an o2 sensor does...just wondering on the importance on this i know its just ment for emissions and i dont have any kind of emisions test so im all good in that but the engine itself is under warranty still so just kinda wondering thanks for all the help tho

I'd just replace the valve, it's only about $20 at the parts store. Not good to run around with a constant SES on IMO, if you throw a code for something else you won't know until the PCM is read. More info here: www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8966.php

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I just replaced my check valves, Very easy to do. I had the same fault code. Change both at the same time. cheap to do, I paid $11 at advance auto. Be sure to hold the check valve whith a wrench and not alow the flex hose twist.
    I tried to blow through the old ones and they were completely clogged. Good luck
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

well i finally got a day off and replace the check valve and it came back...so i did a lil trouble shooting of my own and with a scanner i turned on the air pump and im geting plenty of air in the tubes but none on the one at the drive side so how common is it for the splitter in the back or whatever its called to go out is it an actual valve or is just a 3 way splitter? any help will be appreciated although the check valve was a lil restricted not all that bad but i went ahead and replaced it anyways..

You cleared the code and getting the same one? Restriction could be at where the metal air pipe meets the manifold. You reviewed the gearchatter link right?

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

i blew through the 3 way thing and the side going to the driver side was getting no air at all but the passanger side was all open i dunno how that thing exaclty works but i did review that thing but i got a new one comming tomorrow so ill put that on and see how that works it was only 20$ but the pipe your talking about is all open ill let ya know when i get it on

navy blue matallic
    2000 WS6 trans am M6

well ok i got the new one in and found something very intresting it works off of vacume the old one didnt have the peice for that since i guess when GM put the other new motor in the broke it and didnt fix it and they JB wleded it too ...they also blocked off the vacume hose that was supose to go to it LMAO...and when they where putting the injector line back on they somehow caught the edge of the same vacume hose and crimped it lol i hope this is the last thing i have to fix that GM screwed up....anyways thanks for all the help and i hope this fixes it ..... thomas

Thread Information