Thread: Help Please!

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6

Help Please!

I just ordered a Jet skip shift eleminator and a SLP 160 degree thermostat for my WS6. I plan to drive the car every day... even in the winter. Have I made a wise choice?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

160 degree won't hurt you. You will be fine. Had a 160 for 5 years now, never had an issue once.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by clint h bobo View Post
    I just ordered a Jet skip shift eleminator and a SLP 160 degree thermostat for my WS6. I plan to drive the car every day... even in the winter. Have I made a wise choice?
    i dont know how bad your winters are there... but i live in Toronto, Canada. We get a bunch of snowfalls, approc 3-6 inches at a time.... and i would not drive my camaro in it.
    1) the salt they use to melt ice gets into your undercarriage corrodes car.
    2) the tires on these cars are wide, and treads arent very deep, they will spin on any piece of ice.
    3) even if you put winter tires the fact remains that you have an insane amount of torque on these cars, and they are really light over the rear axle, and they will spin out easily on ice.
    4) the cars are low as hell (mine's lowered 2.5"), that fin under the front that directs air up will act as a plow, and throw slush up into your rad...

that being said, i used to drive a '95 firebird all year. it was a v6 and i found myself constantly fishtailing in winter on ice. the cars get stuck easily.

i would recommend some sort of suv for winter, grab a jimmy or a blazer, they are a dime a dozen. and you got your 4x4.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

160 thermostat won't hurt you at all.

I'm against the skip shift eliminator... You should focus on learning your car you can drive it just fine without buying on of those. Also the manual clearly states that since they have skip shift for EPA ratings 2nd and 3rd gear is for high acceleration only and they put weaker synchros on those gears. You drive around in second your going to wear out your tranny alot early.. That just my opinion though.

As for snow and the F-body... No problem... Get some BFG KDSW they are awsome on the snow. I run 2 on the rear and then some cheap firestones on the front of the forumla, gets around in the snow as well as any other car. Except after it starts to melt and gets real bumpy on the road... F-Bodies do not like bumps

As for the salt and crap... If its a trailer queen, yeah don't drive it then otherwise its a car like any other car. Go to the car wash after the snow is gone and pay the extra for the undercarriage wash. Won't ever hurt the bottom of the car that quick.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Thread Information