Thread: Help Please :(

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Help Please :(

I just installed a Throttle body airfoil in my car about 20 minutes ago, and I took it for a test drive. I felt a better response, so overall good... But then I came home, opened the hood, and made sure everything was still fine, and it was. Then I put it in first gear and started goin out slow towards my parkin spot, which is about .2 miles away. Goin slowly in first gear goin around a curve, my car starts spinnin out by itself, then starts redlinin in the parkin lot! I couldnt stop it, so i just turned the car off, I dunno what happened, it did that for like 10 secs, it scared the hell outta me!! Now it wont start, and my gas pedal is loose as hell, wont push down or come up... help
    1995 Formula M6- Red... Throttle body airfoil, K & N FIPK2, TB bypass

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you must have fucked up something with the throttle, tomorrow when its light out, take the TB off and just put it back on, you might have left something loose, or the cable could be binding, sounds like a mechanical error that you might have made during the install....

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Not to much was messed with while doin the install, just took off the hose on the throttle body then screwed the airfoil in.. I checked the throttle cable, it's functional, but the gas pedal still won't do shit.. And it wont start..

Your tb is stuck open. not sure if anything you might have done could cause it to stick, but give it a good look over for whatever's hanging it up.

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

I just got back from lookin it over.... The throttle body is closed, and the throttle wire is loose, it might not be connected, but if the throttle wire broke, why would it do that, shouldn't it just turn off??

did you take off the tb at all? a huge leak after the tb would cause that too

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

No, I didn't take off the throttle body. I don't trust myself enough to take it off and put it back on, I would forget to connect something. Oh, also the plate that sits on top of the throttle body, cracked when I tried to remove it to put in the airfoil bolt. So now it's missing half a piece, could that contribute to the problem?

Red
    1995 Pontiac Formula

K, I got my car running FINALLY , I took off the throttle body cleaned it out, then put it back on. The car took a lil bit but it started up. The only problem is the gas pedal has a shitload of slack on it. I.e. pressin it down all the way is like pressing it down halfway. So thats robbin me of some go power, but i'm happy it's runnin again.,.

Thread Information