black
    2002 Trans Am

Help P0757 how do i replace this solenoid

I have a 2002 firebird T.A. I have the ses code p0757 that comes on, I know it is for the shift solenoid B, being stuck open, I was wondering if this was something I can fix personally(and where is it), or do I need to go to a shop. Thx in advance for the help

Did you just install a new high stall converter? If so, driving around in 3 instead of OD helps keep it off, but you probably need tuning. If you're stock don't know what to tell ya.

black
    2002 Trans Am

No my car is fully custom, from the turbo charger setup to the tranny. I have never had a problem before, but one day the car got stuck in 3rd gear(I have an automatic), I could manually shift it through all the gears fine, it just would not shift itself, then my ses light came on, so i got it home turned her off, started her the next day with no problems, but the light remained on so I went and had it checked out, and the code p0757 was logged into the history. It is not a big problem but I would like to replace it now before it happens again or gets worse

Midnight Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I have same issue. What does the tuning do just make the computer pass over the code or what?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I would check for a cause first -- info from the intrawebs:

- Low transmission fluid level
    - Dirty transmission fluid
    - Faulty 2-3 Shift Solenoid valve
    - 2-3 Shift Solenoid harness or connectors
    - 2-3 Shift Solenoid circuit is open or shorted

Replacement procedure: Remove the tranmission pan and you'll see two (2) identical shift solenoids. I would have to check the book to see which one is the 2-3 solenoid. Use a pick and remove the small "U"-shaped clip and then pull the solenoid out. Careful though as it can apparently exit by itself once the clip is removed.

And, a TSB just for fun:

A/T - 4L60-E/4L65-E MIL ON/DTC P0757/Slipping

Bulletin No.: 01-07-30-038B

Date: January 26, 2004

TECHNICAL
    Subject:
    DTC P0757 Set, SES Lamp Illuminated, Poor Performance of Transmission, Transmission Slipping (Clean Transmission Valve Body and Case Oil Passages of Debris)

Models:
    1999-2004 Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks
    2003-2004 HUMMER H2
    with 4L60-E/4L65-E Automatic Transmission (RPOs M30/M32)

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add model years and change Cause and Correction information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-07-30-038A (Section 07 - Transmission/Transaxle).

Condition

Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:
    ^ The SES lamp is illuminated.

^ No 3rd and 4th gear.

^ The transmission does not shift correctly.

^ The transmission feels like it shifts to Neutral or a loss of drive occurs.

The vehicle free wheels above 48 km/h (30 mph). High RPM needed to overcome the free wheeling.

Cause

The most likely cause is chips or debris plugging the bleed orifice of the 2-3 shift solenoid (367). This will cause the transmission to stay in 2nd gear when 3rd gear is commanded and return to 1st gear when 4th gear is commanded.

DTC P0757 may also be set if the 2-3 shift valve (368) or 2-3 shuttle valve (369) were stuck, restricted and/or hung-up in its bore.

Correction
    ^ Inspect / Clean the 2-3 shift valve (368), the 2-3 shuttle valve (369) and the valve bore of debris / metal chips.

^ Inspect / Clean the 2-3 shift solenoid (367) opening of debris / metal chips. While inspecting the 2-3 shift solenoid (367), look for a screen over the solenoid opening. If the solenoid DOES NOT have a screen, replace the solenoid with P/N 10478131 that does have a screen over the solenoid opening.

You can tune SES codes out , but that does not necessarily fix the problem.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

how many miles this tranny has driven? I agree with jeff look for a cause 1st.

Midnight Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Mine has 65K miles on it. Fluids look good and trans shifts smooth in all gears. It has a 4000 stall in it though along with a modded motor. The guy I bought it from said he just lived with it but he knew it could be tuned out. Any local tuners in the southern tier NY that anyone would recommend? I am thinking about calling New Era Performance in Rochester and getting it looked at and put on the Dyno. Curious of what HP it is putting out with all the mods.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No one that I know of. I have HP Tuners Pro and have utilized Frost mail order tunes on our car.

silver
    2000 formula

the solenoid is easy to replace without dropping the valve body......but as added insurance i would drop the valve body ......disassemble and clean it well.....replace the steel checkballs with plastic ones and replace the worn separator plate......and check the 2-3 shift spring to make sure its not broken......my .02

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I turned this code off on my car about 5 years ago. I've seen where people swap those solenoids and still get the code....it's a false code due to the high stall.

Thread Information