Black
    99 SS clone M6

Unhappy help!! need help finding decent clutch master UNDER $100!

PLEASE i need someone to help me out with purchasing a new clutch master for my 99 Z28. EVERYONE literally simply says buy the $325 tick master..UNFORTUNATLY THATS A WEEKS PAYCHECK FOR ME. that being said, does anyone have any advice on what clutch MC i can buy for around 75 bucks that wont be complete dogshit. the car has 115k miles with a R.S. gear tranzilla rebuilt t56, new slave, and the clutch is OK. i know the master needs to be replaced simply because, well...its the original and car doesnt want to shift or go into first or reverse.
    anyways, I see on Rockauto.com they got 4 master cylinders, Wagner, Sachs, Acdelco, and Dorman. I WISH i could afford a Tick but its like $325-$60 nothing in between. i dont really need an adjustable but if anyone has any idea who makes a decent adjustable MC for 150ish i would buy it...although i would simply like advice on who makes a decent stock type replacement master cylinder.
    I would buy the Tick but if i did, total cost of purchasing it, AND installation would equal nearly $500. Its gonna cost me around 140 bucks just to have the new MC installed...
    any advice would be greatly appreciated...
    i was told the LS7 master was good but was not told if it will fit a Fbod.
    99 z28 m6 ss clone
    79 Z28 (fast as Fu*k) thanks rich
    SLP Loudmouth, Founder's LCA's, BMR APHRD, Tranzilla T56, Exedy clutch SLP Lid FTRA Powerslot rotors 'brock strut brace, SS wheels and SS hood, hurst, 1LE bars, Energy bushs, EBC's
    past: 95 T/A, 78 Z28, 98 Z28, 86 Z28, 00 GSXR 600

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

gm parts direct has the Master Cylinder for $143 + ship/handling (usually $15)

gmpartsdirect.com

Part # is 12570277

It's a little more then the parts stores but you get a complete master kit (hydraulic hose, reservoir, cap & fluid pre-bled)

Black
    99 SS clone M6

i was thinking about the RAM adjustable for the same price. you really think i need to replace everything? not just the cylinder??? Ive had the master flushed already, just worn out

Navy Blue Metallic

The hydralic hose no unless it leaks, but for $50 more you get it complete and preloaded with fluid. Makes bleeding a hell of a lot easier.

I gotone form O'Reilly with no fluid and it was a bitch to bleed. The second time I replaced it I got the one I posted and took 3 pumps. I also had to get the complete assembly because I made the mistake of letting a shop bleed it for me. It ended up costing them $650 because the morons used atf not dot III like the cap states.

Black
    99 SS clone M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    The hydralic hose no unless it leaks, but for $50 more you get it complete and preloaded with fluid. Makes bleeding a hell of a lot easier.

I gotone form O'Reilly with no fluid and it was a bitch to bleed. The second time I replaced it I got the one I posted and took 3 pumps. I also had to get the complete assembly because I made the mistake of letting a shop bleed it for me. It ended up costing them $650 because the morons used atf not dot III like the cap states.
    thanks for helping. im also having a shop do the work, this shop installed a new tranny for me too..so i figure i might as well them do the CMC, so for around $165 i can get a stock GM master cylinder? they can get one $200 complete..and plus if i EVER have any problems with the master cylinder they will warranty it so...i think im gonna go with the stock gm one. is there a diffence in the years for stock master cylinders? ive got a 1999 and ive heard the 01-02 design is better?

Navy Blue Metallic

I believe all are the same.

Thread Information