Primer Gray
    1971 Chevy Camaro

help me out please

I am building another motor for my camaro. It is just a 350. Its bored .30 over with a steel crank. I am putting 6" rods with keith black icon forged flat top pistons. Should be around 10.2:1 or so. Going with a 64cc patriot head. Then I was thinking a 251 255 duration 645 645 lift with a 106 lobe seperation. Solid roller. Does anyone know if this will be a good set up or not. I want something that will put on a good smoke show and will run good when i need it to. With the program i have on my computer, it says i wil have around 575hp and 475+?tq. Any ideas.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

What ratio rockers and do you have any idea if your pistons are going to clear the valves? That is a lot of lift and some healthy duration on the valves. What intake setup?

Primer Gray
    1971 Chevy Camaro

I am going to use 1.6 rockers. The machine shop told me that the valves will clear the pistons. Dont quite know for sure. Dont have it all going yet. Someone also told me that the lift is big, but the duration isnt all that much. It will have the sound, just not the so much of a big duration. Like a 270 or something.

Thread Information