Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me :(

RED

Smile help me :(

Hello all

I am a junior in mechanical, but the aspirations of a very large and I wish you not to ridicule from my questions .
    I have z28 model 1999 manual transmission . But I want to change the strength of that I thought about clynder block of zo6 model 2005 Is it possible or not?
    If installed, how is the price?

thank you

rapter34
    im trying to get this you want to change the engine block?

black
    1999 Camaro SS

ya dude what u trying to say????

rapter34
    if your talking about the actual engine block the LS1 already has a strong block capable of lots of HP. If you really want to make the engine stronger than forge the bottom end ie. crank shaft and pistons. but If your talking about the transmission then look at clutch kits. Need more information to make a good recommendation. are you planning on Turbo or supercharging?

black
    1999 Camaro SS

ya dude what he said^

RED

Just want to compose zo6 Block because I think it gives hp high. I think the cost is cheaper than the Supercharge an turbo

black
    1999 Camaro SS

what year zo6 ls6???

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

So you want more power? If so, there are too many ways to accomplish that than can be listed in one post. Heads and cam is a good start and probably the most cost effective. A complete LS2, LS6 or LS7 crate engine also works great, but the cost is much higher. The engine swap is also at least as difficult if not more so than modifying the engine you have.

black
    1999 Camaro SS

what do u have done to the car now

rapter34
    unless you are pushing some major HP the LS1 block will do you just fine there is really no need to switch to a LS6 block. If you look on this forum you will find many people with high HP running the LS1 block. also changing to the LS6 block would not grant you any HP its in the intake and heads where the difference in HP is.

RED

ok but in my town there are many z28 they have heads , cam, pistons and crank . but i want to be unique thats i mean. i never open my engine and i put zo6 intake manifold + injectors ,flow tech headers, MTI throtal body, y pipe 3 inch and magnaflow muffler.
    Last edited by AL3FLANGY1; 03-05-2008 at 11:25 AM.

rapter34
    but you will never tell the difference in having the LS6 block. in fact some 02 TA and Camaros had the LS6 block because of a shortage of LS1 blocks. there is no power gain and no big difference. changing the block is a big project and would require a lot of time and money. If you want to be unique than get a turbo or Supercharger. But I just don't see why you would just want to change the block.

RED

it just Idea in mine cause in my town a hp of camaros between 400-550 hp so i want to get more than everyone . thats mean i want 600-650 hp >> i will change my idea if ls1 can give me that hp

black
    1999 Camaro SS

to the wheels or motor either way u can do it but it will cost alot to get that kind of hp

rapter34
    What do you have done to it already? because If you want to get to that HP you will want to do cam, Fast intake, heads, Turbo, and all the accessory's that need to be done to support that kind of power. do you still have the stock rear? cause there is no way that the 10 bolt can handle that much HP do you have Sub frame connectors? really there are so many things that can be done to get HP just check the forum for them. and also consult a good shop in your area. but the block is not one of them.

black
    1999 Camaro SS

true that ^ rapter34 what do you have done ?

RED

i want to do that because my camaro was the winner in my town because there few camaros all pepole have mustangs << silly car he he he he . but now many pepole had sold them mustangs and bought ls1 he he he he because my camaro had cause terror for they he he he and i cant race with they because them camaros have cam heads pistons and.... so i want to modify my ls1 and be winner again .

what is stock rear ?
    what is Sub frame connectors?
    Last edited by AL3FLANGY1; 03-05-2008 at 12:03 PM.

black
    1999 Camaro SS

do u have anything done to ur car or is it stock ????

RED

zo6 intake manifold + injectors ,flow tech headers, MTI throtal body, y pipe 3 inch and magnaflow muffler.

thats all.

rapter34
    the rear end is the rear axle. the stock rear end, the one that came from the factory, can not handle that much power. Sub Frame connectors connect the unibody frame for the F-body. makes it more rigid and prevents body flex.

Thread Information