kolkid

Question Help Im getting a P0405

My favorite time is coming up, a smog check woopie! (gosh i hate them). Every thing is in stock form or close to it all i have is SLP Loudmouth Exhaust and Shortshifter which are both ofcourse legal... but just 2 or 3 days ago i got the light that says "Service Engine Soon" light up, so i did what i normally do when i get random lights i pluged in my hypertech programer and looked at the code it ended up being a "P0405" which is "Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage" but Im not sure what to do, could any one help me out? Should I change the EGR valve even though it just says its getting low voltage? Or is this just a bad wire somewhere and if so which one is it? or do i have to check one by one on the EGR valve. Like i said smog check is only a couple days away and i really need to fix this ASAP cause I doublt it will pass with this code.

Ive tried clearing the code, but it only clears up for 1 ignition cycle the next time I turn on the car the light is back up and fully lighted... well thanks in advance any help is apreciated

Oh yeah and my car is a 1999 Firebird Trans Am WS6 6spd manual
    Last edited by kolkid; 08-29-2005 at 09:43 AM.

Thread Information