Thread: help if u want

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

help if u want

i have a stock 98 TA with just the normal ram air... besides the hood and the ram air box is there anything else i would need to make that ram air hood work......and what effect would an SLP Smooth Intake Bellow have on my car, is it worth it? [$60]......and is an SLP air lid box worth $90? what effect does that have on my car?

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

probably like 1 horsepower at highway speed.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

wrong section...moving

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the hood will just bolt right on. I wouldn't even sweat the box because the gains from a ram air hood are close to nothing. Do the FRA and cut the bottom of your box instead. I paid more than $90 for my SLP lid and I believe it was worth it. Not sure what they're going for now but $90 sounds like a good deal to me. It's a nice lid. HP gains won't be a lot but there will be some. Do a smooth bellows and ported TB while you're at it and between them you'll see some decent gains.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

Get the air box cause working hood scoop is cool. GM advertised 5 or 10 HP from the scoop because remember it is not only flow but it is cooler than underhood air. The smooth bellows is over rated and over priced - cheaper alternatives available or just use stock.

The SLP airlid is one of the best - the price is pretty good.

Cold air kit is even better for gains but you pick up more dirt, it's a problem if there is lots of rain by you and it reduces cooling to the radiator. A block off plate allows you run either when when you want - that's what I do.

Thread Information