81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

help, i really need help

hey i have a 2001 trans am ws6, when i got her she had no cats and an x-pipe, ported heads, 100 shot of NOS and dyno at 396 rhp and 383 lbs trq on the motor dont know what the #s are with the 100 shot b/c it didnt engage wright other than that dont really know what was done to the car, but i just put an high flow magnaflow cat and a y-pipe w/ flowmasters. the car is emissions legal now but i feels slower should i take off my cat and put long tube headers i was also thinking adding a turbo on it, or a ls6 intake and getting dyno tuned . i just want more horse power!!!! can any one point me to the right way

99 Firebird Formula

You're going in about 100 different directions, so you need to sit down and decide what your goals are for this car. You say you want more hp (doesn't everyone?) but how do you want to make that power? How deep are your pockets? How much power is enough - 400? 500? 600+?

You also need to consider the purpose of your car. Is it just for fun, does it need to be reliable to get you to work, is it only a track car? Does it have to be emissions legal? The modifications & supporting modifications are going to vary depending on whether you want a nitrous car, a heads & cam car, or a forced induction car. If you go hog wild through the parts catalog, you'll end up with a mismatched setup that doesn't do you much good.

Also if your WS6 is a 2001 you already have the LS6 intake manifold.

Give us some more info on your goals and we'll be glad to steer you in the right direction!

81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

well my budget is about $1600 and i dont know what type of mods i should get b/c i dont know whats done to the engine other wise than the ported heads and the 100 shoot of NOS and i would still like to keep the spray my ideal hp# is 510rhp on the motor but the car has to be reliable b/c i drive it to work and to school so its a daily driver but i would like to have the feeling that any car that pulls up to me i could beat or at least hang with it

Thread Information