Red
    2000 Trans Am

HELP!!! Car Won't Start

Okay so I was comming home from work and I noticed my accelaration went to shit... like I lost a shit load of power. When I would punch it it wouldnt go anywhere it would just barely pull. It was hard enough for me to get on the highway. So I stopped at autozone since my car was throwing 3 codes, p0121 Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance Problem , p0153 02 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2 Sensor 1),p0155 02 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2 Sensor 1).

At autozone I bought 6 quarts of mobile 1 synthetic, mobil 1 oil filter, 8 bosch platinum spark plugs, and a plug gapper. My new forged 347 has 2000 miles on it so I am now am switching to synthetic. My friend let me have his two back 02 sensors, cause he got a x pipe, to replace my bad ones.

Well I get home and start changing the oil, the oil is pitch black. Then I start changing the spark plugs. When I get to the number 2 cylinder the spark plug was full of gunk and oil. All the rest were just a tad bit brownish with no oil. Then I replaced the front o2s.

So after all this was done I try to start it but it wouldn't fire up at all, it just cranks over and over. I've rechecked all my spark plug wires for a good connection, checked all the fuses, and still no luck. It almost like I am not getting any spark at all. What are some of the things that would prevent a ls1 from starting up blown headgasket or something internal? PLEASE HELP!!

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Ttt

Dunno, have you tried clearing the codes/reset the PCM? That's what I'd try first. The Sensor 1 code will cut performance, but not as bad as you describe. For the TPS code see www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic9061.php

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Here is what I've tried already. I've replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, Ignition relay, Fuel Pump Relay, checked all fuses, cleared all codes, and the fuel pump primes when I turn the key and there is fuel in the fuel rail. Whats the best way to test for spark? I think it might be a coil pack issue. If one coil pack goes out will the car not start?

Did you look around the gearchatter site - www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8945.php

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well I am getting spark... I tested the number 1 and 2 cylinders plugs and they both have spark. Now Im really stumped. I even checked all my fuses and relays with a continuity light tester. Now it has to be a bad fuel pump(even though it turns on and still gets fuel in the rails), bad Cranks Sensor, and or bad camshaft sensor. I need to check my fuel pressure, just dont have a guage yet. How much fuel pressure is adeqaute to start the motor? OR maybe Im not getting enough spark? What tool do I use to see the level of spark im getting?

Another possibility could be my fuel injectors are shot, I havent replaced them, and they sat in my back yard for a year when my car was down.

My car ran for one month after the engine swap and then it just one day started to loose power then would just crank but wouldnt start.

Im getting lost on this problem I have no idea what it could be I'm stumpped.
    Last edited by ws.6kid; 11-06-2006 at 07:36 AM.

Thread Information