Thread: Help

pewter
    2002 camaro

Help

Hello guys it seem like my dream is finally going to come true, im finally going to have an ls1, ive been wanting one for the last 10yrs, its a 2002 ss pewter with 35th anniversary stripes and z06 rims, i love how it looks have a couple of questions though, it has a cam i know for sure, is the whole car supposed to shake, is that normal, is there anything i should look for before i get it im supposed to go get it tomorrow also they gave me a auto check report but it says z28 instead of ss it that correct, sorry for such a along post any help would be aprecciated

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Ahh. Thats the feeling I had when I got my z28. Nuthin like the power of the LS1 the first time you really nail it. Congrats on the new car. As for the shake, could be normal w/ the cam, but might not be. You would have to describe it better. Pull a carfax on it, auto check is not so detailed, and as to wether or not its an ss or a z28, check the door tags for the rpo code. Someone else will have to supply the ss rpo number as I dont know it. Again, congrats.

pewter
    2002 camaro

thank you by the way it has 81,000mi and got it for $11500, it has headers, and nothing but pipe all the way back, and i can tell a cam how can i know if it has anymore aftermaket parts, given it has a cam, im guessing it has boltons

98 Formula
    06 duramax

really it would be tough to nail down mods. You can get down and crawl around underneath it and see what you notice. The bad thing is unless you know what your looking for you're shooting in the dark. See if it has sub frame connectors ( rails welded between the front and rear frame. Aftermarket torque arm, the torque arm runs from the rear to the back of the transmission. It's a stamped piece where as aftermarket torque arms will be round tubing. Lower control arms, these run from the rear to the frame just inside the rear tires. Once again the stockers are stamped steel while aftermarket will be round tubing. Same goes for the panhard bar behind the rear that runs from side to side. Stock is stamped, aftermarket will be round. While you're under there look at the rear itself and see if it's a stock 10 bolt or a 12 bolt rear.
    You can look at the throttle body and see if it's been ported and things like that. Buying a modded car is always a gamble. If the cam has any size to it the whole car will shake and rock some.

Thread Information