Thread: Help

Airwolf_John

Question Help

I am a new owner of a 1998 Fire Bird V6 and with a factory alarm system. When I first got the car, turning on the parking lights,only turned on the fog lights and rear running lights, but now it pops up the head lights without turning them on. Also now when the head lights go down, the vibrate loudly for several seconds. And also when I arm the car or dearm it, it used to chirp and flash the parking lights, but no also for a split second try to flip the head lights and then back down with the vibrating. What do I need to do? Also I thought on the newer GM cars, when you put the car in drive, the doors auto lock and when you turned off the car, the radio stayed on for awhile till a door was opened, none of this is working in my car??? Please help me someone.

John

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

I have an 02 and had the same thing happen with my headlights. The problem is that there seems to be a pressure sensor built into the headlight motor. If you listen closely, you will find which one has the problem, or you could remove the fuse for one at a time and see which one causes the problem. Mine was under warranty and the motors for both my lights were replaced by the dealer. In actual fact, only one had a problem, but after replacing the one, it was much faster than the other so I convinced the dealer to replace ther other one later.

I have also heard that the gear on the light is symmetrical and can be flipped as the mechanism actually only uses half of it and wears down the one side. You could potentially flip it over and have your problem go away completely. It is not a wiring problem...basically just a worn gear could be the culprit.

For you door locks...check your manual...I have an M6 so I can't have them auto-lock/unlock, but you may be able to. There is a process to program your locks how you want...(I can on my Grand Am)...but I don't know on the TA.

fateswebb
    hey have you figured this out, I am having a very simular problem now, I have the problem where when I lock the car, the lights want to go up and down, and the passenger ones making a grinding noise. just started today. so if you did fix this I would like to know how.

Richard

Thread Information