Thread: Help

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Help

My SES light came on, and the code that came up was P0300 "Random missfire." I checked all my plugs and wires and they are on super tight. I just dont know whats wrong with the car!! It will jerk a bit when u try and get it going from a dead stop, and then it will stop. Does any1 know whats wrong???

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

nobody knows?? Come on fellas, i wanna find out soon before i do further damage to the car. Its also my DD so i need it to go to college etc... Also the light above the "low oil" light came one. Some1 told me it was coolant so i topped it off and it still comes on and off?? Any1 have any idea

P0300 can be a pain to diagnose, look at www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8732.php for the diagnostic procedures, maybe you'll get some ideas on other things to check even if you don't have a scan tool. Mine has thrown it a couple times over the years but stayed off after clearing it. The low coolant sensors are known for going bad triggering the light. If the level is fine you can try and clean it, replace it, or just unplug it to keep the light off. It's on the radiator a few inches below the cap. My car doesn't have one, at some point GM gave up on them. Hope this helps....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

just have to start tracking the 0300 down. You say you checked the plugs and wires, what about fuel pressure? Have you cleaned the maf and checked for vacuum leaks and things like that? It would be nice to be able to scan it, that would tell you a lot about what's going on.

Thread Information