Thread: Help!!!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Help!!!

Coolant is comming out of my TB! I am in the middle of a swap and it wont stop leaking, i no its suppose to a lil bit but it will not stop! Wut shud i do?

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

arethe tubes totally disconnected from it?? where is it coming out of the TB?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

its comming out of the passanger side tube at the bottom, IT WILL NOT STOP. I know a little is suppose to come out but this is going non stop. Then I decided to take a pair of pliers and squeeze the tube on the driver side and it stopped leakin. Now i cant get the fucking hose out of the throttle body. Its stuck on there and will not move!!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i guess i am a bit confused here. if its leaking from the TB itself connect the tubes back on, or rubber cork them up till you replace the TB,...if you already have the new TB on and its leaking after you attached the tubes,.........are you using the stock tube fastener things on the tube ends? if so go to a auto store and get some of the screw tight fasteners with out the correct tool to retighten the stock ones it may leak all the time,.... or haha if you need the TB off,...put down a bunch of rags,....make sure you have rubber stoppers first, and take the pliers off and then disconnect the tube and plug em. they should leak some bu tnot like you are saying,, was your engine cold when you did this??

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    i guess i am a bit confused here. if its leaking from the TB itself connect the tubes back on, or rubber cork them up till you replace the TB,...if you already have the new TB on and its leaking after you attached the tubes,.........are you using the stock tube fastener things on the tube ends? if so go to a auto store and get some of the screw tight fasteners with out the correct tool to retighten the stock ones it may leak all the time,.... or haha if you need the TB off,...put down a bunch of rags,....make sure you have rubber stoppers first, and take the pliers off and then disconnect the tube and plug em. they should leak some bu tnot like you are saying,, was your engine cold when you did this??
    NO no its not comming from the TB. Its comming from the hose. Go to install university or LS1howto and they say once the tubes come off, collant will leak out for a bit then stop. Mine just keeps leaking NON STOP. It only works if u use pliers and pinch them down, which I did but now i cant get the hose off the TB, and its the last one. Its to tight and I dont know what to do. Maybe ill go getta hairdryer and see if that works.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yea i guess just keep working at it, maybe the hair dryer will work, try twistin g the TB while holding the tube.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Was the car cool befor you pulled the hose? Open the Rad Cap to let the pressure out. !Caution! Make sure the car is cool or hasnt been driven recently.
    Theres only so much that can leak out then it will stop. Gravity is on your side.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    Was the car cool befor you pulled the hose? Open the Rad Cap to let the pressure out. !Caution! Make sure the car is cool or hasnt been driven recently.
    Theres only so much that can leak out then it will stop. Gravity is on your side.
    J
    It was running before i swaped it out. That was the problem i think, i didnt give it a chance to cool off. Im busy today so maybe ill swap it first thing tommorow, this way it had a chance to cool off all night.

Thread Information